So if you had a holodeck like on Star Trek NG

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

So if you had a holodeck like on Star Trek NG

Post by dell »

So if you had a holodeck like they had on Star Trek the Next Generation, what Batman related scenarios would you act out?

Would you be a hero? Batman, Robin or Batgirl? Would you be a villain? Which one? Would you recreate a TV episode or create your own?

I would be Batman. I would go up against either Catwoman or The Siren. Since the holodeck probably wouldn't allow fistfights (I thought no real violence was allowed on the holodeck) I would leave Robin at the Batcave and bring Batgirl along to help with the clues. I always thought she was just as adept as Robin at that.

And the criminals wouldn't have henchmen because no fights would be allowed, but they would have assistants. Catwoman could have Pussycat or the assistants she had in the Sandman episode. And I would give Siren a daughter who had her own special power; maybe something that worked on Batgirl, or even both Batgirl and Batman.

The scenario would be original and it would be up to the good guys to outsmart the criminals instead of outfighting them. There would also be a deathtrap we would have to escape from.

I am interested in your ideas.
dell
Dan E Kool

Re: So if you had a holodeck like on Star Trek NG

Post by Dan E Kool »

No violence allowed in the Holodeck? Is that right? It was definitely allowed in the Holosuites at Quark's...

If you're going to act out an episode of Batman, I think it'd be worth stopping at DS9 if only for the real Biff! Pow! Bat-Fights. And you gotta be Batman, no doubt about it.
- Boy Genius
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Violence was allowed. The safety protocols prevented no holodeck created players from being hurt.
High C

Post by High C »

dell wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:20 am And I would give Siren a daughter who had her own special power; maybe something that worked on Batgirl, or even both Batgirl and Batman.
I like this particular idea a lot. Of course, I would join The Siren's team as a henchman, put on a pink pastel shirt, and try to exact revenge on Robin and Batgirl. I still have not forgiven them for bringing The Siren to justice. :D
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17