TO THE BATPOLES podcast #84: #084 Pies at the Penguin’s Nest; Goofs to which Semple Fessed (w/ Ben Bentley!)

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bat-rss

TO THE BATPOLES podcast #84: #084 Pies at the Penguin’s Nest; Goofs to which Semple Fessed (w/ Ben Bentley!)

Post by bat-rss »

Ben Bentley joins us for a look at the draft script of THE PENGUIN'S NEST, with plenty of side tangents including the great Batcave detective-work scenes on display here that are largely missing from season three; the problem of unkillable factual inaccuracies in fan discussion of the show; and Ben's attempts at research into Semple's papers.

http://tothebatpoles.libsyn.com/084-pie ... ple-fessed
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
Dr. Shimel

Re: TO THE BATPOLES podcast #84: #084 Pies at the Penguin’s Nest; Goofs to which Semple Fessed (w/ Ben Bentley!)

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Retired boxer Archie Moore, who had dabbled in acting before Batman, was the African-American in the Archer episode.
bat-rss

Re: TO THE BATPOLES podcast #84: #084 Pies at the Penguin’s Nest; Goofs to which Semple Fessed (w/ Ben Bentley!)

Post by bat-rss »

Dr. Shimel wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:49 am Retired boxer Archie Moore, who had dabbled in acting before Batman, was the African-American in the Archer episode.
Thank you! I have to listen to all our episodes on an endless loop to make sure I don't forget things I've supposedly learned! haha
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
High C

Post by High C »

Nice job by Ben Bentley and the Young brothers. Good observations by all three of you, as expected.

Ben, btw, I was the one whose name you were searching for at one point--I mentioned in the previous thread how the gunplay seemed out of place by the middle of season 2, when we had moved on to love darts, time machines and sleep-inducing bagpipes!

I still maintain Batman inadvertently set up Alfred to get captured by Penguin--a mistake Semple never would have had him make in season 1. I almost wonder if Semple already was thinking about his movie projects by the time he wrote this.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Great job, Ben and gang! An entertaining discussion all around. I have to say that I'm more than a little disappointed in Tim's blasphemous and heretical talk, but I'm sure it's nothing an extra dose of bedtime prayers can't atone for. Semple, forgive him! He knows not what he says! ;)
- Boy Genius
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Yeah, good show guys!
Beneath Wayne Manor
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

It was an absolute pleasure to join you for this episode, thanks for inviting me!