"It's fun to be a Batman"

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

batbelfry

"It's fun to be a Batman"

Post by batbelfry »

Okay, here's a REALLY strange one, and I don't recall us ever talking about it on the board before. (I could be wrong!)

This crazy book came out during the show's run and wave of ancillary merchandise. To say that it's bizarre doesn't begin to scrape the tip of the iceberg!
its-fun-to-be-a-batman-cover.png

If you want to check this out, you can view and/or download (??!!) the entire PDF here...

http://cdn.andertoons.com/cartoon-blog/ ... batman.pdf

I warn you in advance...there are no words for this. :o
dell

Re: "It's fun to be a Batman"

Post by dell »

Wow, that was bad. I scrolled through it in about 2 minutes and that was 2 minutes more than I should have. This was clearly not authorized by anyone involved with our show.
dell
Bob Furmanek

Post by Bob Furmanek »

Copyright Marvin Miller?

THAT Marvin Miller?!
High C

Post by High C »

Bob Furmanek wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:03 am Copyright Marvin Miller?

THAT Marvin Miller?!
I doubt it, or else he would have sought free agency for Burt to get out of his horrible contract. ;)
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Wow-- I would have asked for my dollar back.
dell

Post by dell »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:23 pm Wow-- I would have asked for my dollar back.
I would have asked for two dollars back!
dell
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I've flipped through this years ago and it left me, well.....speechless. Forrest Gump: And that's all I have to say about that.
Music. BAT! Music.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This has definitely reared it's head on the board over the years, like many of us, you may have repressed that memory :D

An interesting time-capsule as far as "cash-in" culture goes. There's no wonder brand licensing departments are so militant regarding certain franchises in modern Hollywood.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Thanks for sharing this, never seen it before.

I hope any other weirdo things like this are posted in the future regardless of quality. Speaking of, that was terrible, even by quick cash-in standards. What a mess. Ugly and unfunny.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

robinboyblunderer wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:20 pm Thanks for sharing this, never seen it before.

I hope any other weirdo things like this are posted in the future regardless of quality. Speaking of, that was terrible, even by quick cash-in standards. What a mess. Ugly and unfunny.
Yup I agree, I'm glad it was posted regardless of how terrible it is.
alfredthebutler

Post by alfredthebutler »

Yes, it was a load of rubbish, but I saw some new photos (any photo you've not seen is new!) :x
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Jeeez. Start scrolling and the second image is the bloody aftermath of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre... :o
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

chrisbcritter wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:38 pm Jeeez. Start scrolling and the second image is the bloody aftermath of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre... :o
Yeah, but it's got Batman on the cover so we MUST collect it! :-)
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11