Deanna Lund RIP

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Keith Mayo

Deanna Lund RIP

Post by Keith Mayo »

Deanna Lund died on June 22, 2018 at her home in Century City, California of pancreatic cancer, aged 81.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1530012963930.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
elmrgraham

Re: Deanna Lund RIP

Post by elmrgraham »

RIP Anna Gram.
High C

Post by High C »

Sad to see. Here's an obit:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 81-1122920

I should add that Lund screen-tested for In Like Flint. I would assume it was for the role that went to Jean Hale, but I can't be 100 percent sure.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Probably was since she was a blonde naturally I think but had gone redhead for the movie "Tony Rome" and Irwin Allen insisted she keep it that way when he signed her for "Land Of The Giants".
quinn

Post by quinn »

Sorry to hear of her passing, I loved watching LotG before Sunday lunch as a kid. In the UK it was always either that or 'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea', happy days.
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

Sorry to hear of her passing. I had the Astin Riddler episodes on just last week, and thought she was very good in them.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

So sad to see we lost another one from our show. Thoughts and prayers go out to her family.
zippgun

Post by zippgun »

I met Deanna Lund in 2006. She was nearly 70 but looked decades younger. Still slim and beautiful.
RIP
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

You know. I always thought she would have been perfect as Poison Ivy. That red hair of hers was simply beautiful. I know she didn't have much of an opportunity to act as the Riddler's moll, but I would have loved to have seen her do more.

--jthree

P.S. We all know John Astin is still alive, and perhaps the only other surviving Batman villain besides Julie, right?
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Julie Newmar,John Astin. Barbara Rush, Glynis Johns ,Joan Collins all still alive
Also Lee Meriweather from the movie.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

I met her at a couple of conventions. She was always nice and eager to share career stories. Of course, Land of the Giants made me a fan.

She's moved on to her next adventure, and will be missed.
Beneath Wayne Manor
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

zippgun wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:09 am I met Deanna Lund in 2006. She was nearly 70 but looked decades younger. Still slim and beautiful.
RIP
She was in a few B-movies in the late 80s/early 90s, when she would have been in her 50s. She still looked great in those, and, since they were low budget, I think it was her natural beauty and not anything added in post to make her look better. One of her B-films, The Girl I Want, also featured Burt Ward and Lyle Waggoner. Deanna played Scream Queen Linnea Quigley's mother.

Sad to lose another performer from the series. Ms. Lund's Anna Gram was one of the feistiest molls. I really enjoyed her performance.