TO THE BATPOLES podcast #88: Holy hyperbole! It's Burt Ward's book!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mr. Glee

Re: TO THE BATPOLES podcast #88: Holy hyperbole! It's Burt Ward's book!

Post by Mr. Glee »

I always figured that they opted to emphasize the new Season 2 villains up front at least partly so they could get a sense of which new characters were popular enough to bring back for return appearances - presumably they would have needed to lock down commitments from those actors and start developing follow-up scripts for them as soon as possible. Additionally, Dozier & company probably expected that viewers would be excited to see some new faces, what with all the big-name stars clamoring to be on the show.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I don't know why they didn't adapt more of the villains from the comics instead of Cabala, Minerva, Olga, Clavicle.
HELLOLARRY

Post by HELLOLARRY »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:29 pm
Honestly, does it matter if Carson had 40,000 guests or 400? What we do know is that the general public who followed him did not care, and enjoyed his show until the end. That's what he was there to do. His own account of guest numbers or anything else does not alter that fact.

Unless it is presented as a fact. That wasn't my point though as it doesn't matter. What I was trying to compare was that these numbers get over-inflated and are probably not accurate. It really has nothing to do with the enjoyment or non-enjoyment of the subject.
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

HELLOLARRY wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 am I think the picture is from "He Meets His Match the Grisly Ghoul".
DING DING DING!
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I think you guys did a good a job as possible reviewing this without it becoming an R-rated podcast. Nice insights into the possible explanation for the exaggerated stories and/or why some events don't jibe with others' recollections.

And please...more scripts and alternate takes/treatments if you have 'em!
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

bat-rss wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:14 am
HELLOLARRY wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 am I think the picture is from "He Meets His Match the Grisly Ghoul".
DING DING DING!
The episode where Dick Grayson went undercover.

Meanwhile, Burt Ward was under a different kind of covers!

The bed. I'm talking about the bed kind of covers... Because, you know, he slept with a lot of women and, uh...

I'm sorry. How are you all doing? Everyone alright?
:x
- Boy Genius
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

robinboyblunderer wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:24 pm I think you guys did a good a job as possible reviewing this without it becoming an R-rated podcast. Nice insights into the possible explanation for the exaggerated stories and/or why some events don't jibe with others' recollections.

And please...more scripts and alternate takes/treatments if you have 'em!
I am very curious to see what the reaction will be to the next script, which I'll make available in a few short hours... ;)
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

[/quote]

The episode where Dick Grayson went undercover.

Meanwhile, Burt Ward was under a different kind of covers!

The bed. I'm talking about the bed kind of covers... Because, you know, he slept with a lot of women and, uh...

I'm sorry. How are you all doing? Everyone alright?
:x
[/quote]

That joke is more suited for "2 and half men" or something :lol:

Dont understand why BW , Gene Simmons or Flair has to brag about the women they met , its not like we think they lie about it or something :roll: