Hey, Batfolks:

One more for this year's Burt Ward birthday celebration at 13th Dimension:

https://13thdimension.com/why-burt-ward ... ll-robins/

Check it out if you like!

-- Dan
BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Why BURT WARD is the Greatest of ALL Robins

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Yes--live action or animated, Burt Ward was and remains the greatest Robin. No one else comes close--even the voice actors who based their performances on Ward's.
Beneath Wayne Manor
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

I’m not someone who always thinks the first version I see of a character is the best, forever. Far from it in fact. James Bond, I jumped on board full-nerd in 1973...I think Craig is the best. Doctor Who, discovered at the 4th...think 10 and 13 are tops. True Grit...Jeff Bridges has it all over John Wayne. There are other examples, but I digress.

Where am I going with all this? One exception for me - no one will ever top Burt Ward. Ever. In my world, he IS Robin. I can’t imagine a situation where anyone ever comes close. For me, he is the very embodiment of the character.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Dan Greenfield wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:35 pm Hey, Batfolks:

One more for this year's Burt Ward birthday celebration at 13th Dimension:

https://13thdimension.com/why-burt-ward ... ll-robins/

Check it out if you like!

-- Dan
Good point Dan about the loyalty of this version of Robin and I agree, his portrayal is the best!
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

To be certain, Burt Ward was born to play Robin the Boy Wonder. The only other actor who I associate at all with Robin was the voice actor Casey Kasem with the SuperFriends and other Batman cartoons. As for live action though, Burt was, is, and forever shall be THE one and only true Robin.

Robin (from the 1966 movie when Batman discovers the bomb): "Come on Batman...Bat MAN!!!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I can agree about Ward however, Douglas Croft IMO in many ways, was better in some respects. I know Ward just said what was in the scripts, but I agree with Julie's Catwoman...his holy this and holy that becomes tiresome.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Doug Croft was the man. 14 or 16 at the time, he was awkward and messed up a lot, exactly the way a teenage sidekick would.

I never liked Robin when I watched the show, I felt like he was always getting in the way. I've come to appreciate him more as an adult but the Holy this and that get annoying.

Sorry kids, Croft is better in my humble opinion.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:32 pm Doug Croft was the man. 14 or 16 at the time, he was awkward and messed up a lot, exactly the way a teenage sidekick would.

I never liked Robin when I watched the show, I felt like he was always getting in the way. I've come to appreciate him more as an adult but the Holy this and that get annoying.

Sorry kids, Croft is better in my humble opinion.
Johnny Duncan was ok too. But I digress
Music. BAT! Music.