A star for Burt Ward!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

artbat123

A star for Burt Ward!

Post by artbat123 »

Can someone start a campaign to get Burt Ward a star on the Hollywood walk of fame. I think it's about time.
John Mack

Re: A star for Burt Ward!

Post by John Mack »

I'm afraid there's way more to it than that. There's at least a $30,000 fee first.
This from Time magazine:
All star applications carry a $30,000 sponsorship fee. Half goes to the Hollywood Historic Trust, which maintains the Walk of Fame. The rest funds the creation of the star itself—breaking up the blank existing square and replacing it with a new one, printing the replica plaque honorees can take home, hiring photographers, security, and anything else related to the ceremony.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Doesn't the star recognize a full career? Burt only had one role. He was great in it-- no doubt, but I'm not sure his acting career would qualify.
Meule

Post by Meule »

True, but it was such an iconic role...
And if even Mickey Mouse can get a star on the Walk of Fame, then surely Burt deserves one too...
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
artbat123

Post by artbat123 »

Thanks for the info! Do you think Wally can contact Conan, and a few more celebs, especially DC, to raise the funds needed to get things started! It's worth a try!
HELLOLARRY

Post by HELLOLARRY »

They've given starts to far less recognizable people than Burt. I don't know if it's so much a recognition thing for someone's career as it is a PR thing - much like the R&R Hall of Fame. Why the hell not!

Does anybody know who else associated with the series has a start (Frank, Cesar, Burgess etc...)?
Meule

Post by Meule »

Adam has one, so does Neil Hamilton, Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, Liberace, Eartha Kitt and Bob Kane
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Meule

Post by Meule »

Adam has one, so does Neil Hamilton, Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, Liberace, Eartha Kitt and Bob Kane

Here's the entire list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... lk_of_Fame
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 am Doesn't the star recognize a full career? Burt only had one role. He was great in it-- no doubt, but I'm not sure his acting career would qualify.
Walter Keonig is only known for Chekov on Star Trek--his one claim to fame, yet he received a star. It was certainly not based on anything he did before ST (e.g., an episode of Gidget) or after. That said, I see no reason Burt does not deserve one for being an undeniably significant reason Batman was a success.
Beneath Wayne Manor
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 pm
AndyFish wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 am Doesn't the star recognize a full career? Burt only had one role. He was great in it-- no doubt, but I'm not sure his acting career would qualify.
Walter Keonig is only known for Chekov on Star Trek--his one claim to fame, yet he received a star. It was certainly not based on anything he did before ST (e.g., an episode of Gidget) or after. That said, I see no reason Burt does not deserve one for being an undeniably significant reason Batman was a success.
No question then, if Keonig has one then Burt could too. One could argue that Star Trek had a bigger impact on the social fabric of society than BATMAN did, but apparently its all about ponying up the $30k.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Koenig gathered a second fan following as Bester in "Babylon 5", which would have helped.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

It has less to do with one's popularity, body of work or talent. It's all about the check.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
artbat123

Post by artbat123 »

We need to get someone to contact Wally and get the fundraising started. He seems to be the logical choice.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Keith Mayo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:47 am It has less to do with one's popularity, body of work or talent. It's all about the check.
They do only accept about 10% of each year's applications, IIRC.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/16/how ... k-of-fame/
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)