TO THE BATPOLES podcast #90: Surf's Up, Joker's Under, and Al's On

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

HELLOLARRY

Re: TO THE BATPOLES podcast #90: Surf's Up, Joker's Under, and Al's On

Post by HELLOLARRY »

I shot a video that I posted on the Batman facebook page some time ago but I'm not sure how to extract that and post it here. If anyone can offer assistance on that, I'll be happy to upload it. I've tried .mov, mp4, and 3gp but cannot upload files with those extensions.

The music is different from the tone of the rest of the episode so I do believe what is on the DVD is what was originally broadcast. Still not sure why the music was replaced at all since I think it would all be original Billy May music. It sounds like the music you'd hear on a Happy Days DVD when they couldn't get the clearance for Splish Splash or on a 60's documentary when they just needed some generic music.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:06 am Tim...you could not remember Van Williams' last name? Oh, the horror. May you find yourself strapped to a chair, with your eyes forced open A Clockwork Orange style, watching season 3 AND Legends of the Superheroes in a loop! :mrgreen:
Woah! And here I thought that the disciples of the Church of Semple were hardcore. You Van Williams guys are nuts!

;)
- Boy Genius
High C

Post by High C »

This synopsis of a 1966 Archie/Pureheart comics story reminds me of Surf's Up, Louie and the Riddler boxing ep. To paraphrase what Paul noted in the podcast, there's no clear answer as to how the evil plan will result in world domination

http://majorspoilers.com/2018/03/18/ret ... june-1966/
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

HELLOLARRY wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:31 am I shot a video that I posted on the Batman facebook page some time ago but I'm not sure how to extract that and post it here. If anyone can offer assistance on that, I'll be happy to upload it. I've tried .mov, mp4, and 3gp but cannot upload files with those extensions.
Perhaps you could put it on YouTube (as a "private" or "unlisted" video -- I'm not quite sure what the difference between those two is) and then embed the video here?
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

A bad episode of Batman '66 is still better than a good episode of most other shows!

And yes, Undeen (if that's how it is spelled) was, as the Joker would say "Delicious! Absolutely Delicious!" Such an unusual name too for a girl.
Penguin For Mayor

Post by Penguin For Mayor »

did anybody ever find the song playing in the hang five after the band? Jingle has been stuck in my head for weeks!
So - These Here, Are Them There... Fabulous Twins?
High C

Post by High C »

BatmanFan102 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:32 am A bad episode of Batman '66 is still better than a good episode of most other shows!

And yes, Undeen (if that's how it is spelled) was, as the Joker would say "Delicious! Absolutely Delicious!" Such an unusual name too for a girl.
I'm sorry I can't find an answer for the post about what the track was that being played in the Hang Five. I can answer this, however.

An undine essentially is a water nymph:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undine

According to twof's now-defunct Batgirl Bat-Trap site (he obtained a draft of the script), there originally was a line in which Barbara noted her name and that an undine was a water nymph and said the name 'fits her,' to which Skip added, 'like a bikini1' :)
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17