Batman '66 action figure stop motion!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

vintagematt

Batman '66 action figure stop motion!

Post by vintagematt »

Ok, so I have been thinking about doing an action figure stop motion series based on batman '66 for a while now, and I finally decided I am going to go forward with it! I have some stop motion expirience, but don't think this will be as good as any theatrically released STOP motion films, but I do think I have enough practice for it to look ok...well hopefully! :? I will be using FTC figures and will be adapting many episodes from the show, this basically means recreating episodes with action figures, albeit shortened and with possibly new plot points trickled in. I'm really excited about this project and want to share it with you guys, feel free to tell me what episodes you would like to see or even pitch some original stories! I will keep you guys in the know with various updates! :D

-THE BATPHONE!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Therin of Andor

Re: Batman '66 action figure stop motion!

Post by Therin of Andor »

I'm in Australia, but it might be fun if I could do some inserts for you with some of my custom figures that FTC didn't make?

TV Batman villains by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Robin, Riddler, Siren, Gordon by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:30 am I'm in Australia, but it might be fun if I could do some inserts for you with some of my custom figures that FTC didn't make?

TV Batman villains by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Robin, Riddler, Siren, Gordon by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Awesome! This episode customs are great! But what do you mean by inserts?
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Love seeing these videos. Can't wait to see yours.
https://youtu.be/7pMHdhasuMU

https://youtu.be/8-l8OMWVCF0
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Just started work on "fine feathered finks" this particular episode will only Be about 13 minutes as i shortened it quite a bit! Anyone on here know where I can get good model furniture or other accessories for eight inch scale figures?
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Just to clarify, this may take a while, so I may post a little sneak peek!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:50 am Awesome! This episode customs are great! But what do you mean by inserts?
Not really sure. I have done very little in the way of stop-motion, but I am willing to have a go at trying to create some footage for you. I'm not prepared to send my custom figures anywhere, but thought maybe I could create some scenes you could edit in to whatever you're filming? Maybe we could send images of backdrops to each other to make everything match?

Of course, you could also have Dr Cassandra and Cabala go invisible at your end! ;)

Dr Cassandra and her Alvino ray gun by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

That would be great!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I'm in production now, and have come to a horrid realization, that those pesky figures toy company figures have SUPER loose joints, so loose they can barely stand in the poses I need them to be in! I had done this with other mego style figures in the past and it turned out fine but I guess I just got bad luck with the joints! so I may have to shorten the runtime of each little video or just give up and switch to Mattel figures! :|