Eartha's Catwoman really fights

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Eartha's Catwoman really fights

Post by dell »

I like how Eartha really struggles to escape Chief O'Hara in the "The Joke's on Catwoman" episode. We never saw Julie or Lee do anything like that. Just a nice example of how Eartha seemed to take the character in a different direction than the other two women.
dell
cammy85

Re: Eartha's Catwoman really fights

Post by cammy85 »

I had those episodes in my head the other night so i watched them, and yup!! Agreed!! Eartha's Catwoman had a clear vendetta against Batgirl too and most likely wanted revenge for Batgirl for beating her in the Best Dressed list and escaping the pattern Cutter and Cats Whiskers traps.
High C

Post by High C »

dell wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:13 pm I like how Eartha really struggles to escape Chief O'Hara in the "The Joke's on Catwoman" episode. We never saw Julie or Lee do anything like that. Just a nice example of how Eartha seemed to take the character in a different direction than the other two women.
I personally always have rated her No. 2 behind Newmar in terms of Catwoman presentation, and I even would rate Kitt No. 2 overall if I included the more modern takes on the character, the only one of which I enjoyed was Michelle Pfeiffer's. (The less said about Halle Berry's non-canon CW, the better.)

As you say, I liked Eartha's feistiness, and as Cammy85 said, her hatred of Batgirl was something to behold.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
mattman

Post by mattman »

Makes a change to see Chief O' Hara get involved, lol

Beggorrha!
dell

Post by dell »

That was probably the most action the Chief had seen in many years. And you can take that any way you want.
dell
mattman

Post by mattman »

"Saints be praised. If I never just had a wriggle with the Feisty Feline Fiend herself!"