General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

mattman

Re: Secondary Villains

Post by mattman »

Pete the Swede.
A Swedish Bookmaker who loves Vegetables
Oh. And fruit...

πŸ‡πŸˆπŸŠπŸ‰πŸ‹πŸŒπŸπŸŒΆπŸŒ½πŸ₯•πŸ₯”πŸ†πŸ₯‘πŸ₯πŸŽπŸπŸπŸ‘πŸ’πŸ“
mattman

Post by mattman »

Part One: Pete the Swede
Part Two: A Courgette of Greed
High C

Post by High C »

I'm sorry, I didn't know it was another word for rutabaga. My bad.

But no, they were referring to his nationality, not him being a root vegetable.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
mattman

Post by mattman »

Yeah I know
Just thinking outside of the Batbox (as usual) lol
dell

Post by dell »

I never heard of swede as another name for a rutabaga.
dell
mattman

Post by mattman »

Pete the Rutabaga doesn't have the same ring does it? Lol
High C

Post by High C »

dell wrote: ↑Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:07 am I never heard of swede as another name for a rutabaga.
Nor had I. Evidently it's mostly a British term for it. I guess Joan Collins doesn't eat rutabagas or else I would have known that. :D
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
mattman

Post by mattman »

Her character Alexis eats men for breakfast
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Alexis Carrington would have been an excellent Batman Villainess.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

dell wrote: ↑Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:47 am
I like the idea of promoting molls and assistants to full fledged criminals in their own stories. I'm not sure Lady Prudence could carry her own story, we saw so little of her character. What would be her gimmick and crime? Lord Phogg and Lady Peasoup were so underwhelming that they would need to do something to make Lady Prudence a villain worthy of her own Batman episode.
Prudence was her own woman, and not really caught up in the Phogg/Peasoup angle of the scheme, after all, she admitted she was trying to play all sides against each other. That's rae for an assistant to the main villains, since the rest were usually flunkies or in the case of endless molls, regreting their life choices by the end of the story (Pussycat & Ann Gram were exceptions, but at the end of the day, they were still follwers).

Like any villain, the writers would need to build on her independence, but the problem is that by season 3, the writing was the equivalent of a smoking, 50-car pile-up instead of the smooth, running vehicle it was in season 1, so there was the risk of Prudence being turned into a gimmick-themed character lacking her sort of buisiness-like personalty, or the kind of crime fitting said personlaity.
Beneath Wayne Manor
mattman

Post by mattman »

True about Prudence.

The Sandman is another example of lack of writers care. A sleepy villain with an alias and that he is European .
That it?
Catwoman in almost every other story near the end of season 2
Then paired these 2 up . Was he THAT bad Michael Rennie( ?????) that they added Catwoman?
mattman

Post by mattman »

Also...Aunt Hilda was a better foe than Marsha
dell

Post by dell »

mattman wrote: ↑Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:20 pm True about Prudence.

The Sandman is another example of lack of writers care. A sleepy villain with an alias and that he is European .
That it?
Catwoman in almost every other story near the end of season 2
Then paired these 2 up . Was he THAT bad Michael Rennie( ?????) that they added Catwoman?
I think that they were trying to make the villians interesting by having two team up and yet they were both planning on backstabbing each other. Not a bad idea, but as you said, Sandman was boring.
dell
mattman

Post by mattman »

Agreed.
But shame as Rennie was a good actor.
Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

I would have to rewatch the whole series again but I do remember Fred.

Fernando Ricardo Enrique Dominguez , just call me Fred.(something along those lines) lol