The Next Big Four

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

chrisbcritter

Re: The Next Big Four

Post by chrisbcritter »

Maybe all three Catwomen and Pussycat? Remember she didn't go straight at the end like Susie.

O/T, but False-Face impersonating other villains to shift the blame for his crimes might be fun, with cameos from those other villains.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
mattman

Post by mattman »

I like the False Face idea
I actually wrote a Riddler tale in which he denies having any involvement in the Batman's Anniversay story and transpires that Riddler played by John Astin was False Face.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Going back to your idea chrisbcritter it would be expensive but what if 2 Clayfaces and False Face teamed up? You would see nearly every villain.
It wouldnt be cost effective but would love to see an idea I saw in the 60s Avengers: Batman his the Mad Hatter and as he falls back he turns into Mr.Freeze, then the Penguin, then Louie the Lilac and lands unconscious as Egghead?
mattman

Post by mattman »

Going back to your idea chrisbcritter it would be expensive but what if 2 Clayfaces and False Face teamed up? You would see nearly every villain.
It wouldnt be cost effective but would love to see an idea I saw in the 60s Avengers: Batman his the Mad Hatter and as he falls back he turns into Mr.Freeze, then the Penguin, then Louie the Lilac and lands unconscious as Egghead?
mattman

Post by mattman »

Apologies for the double post.
Or is it False Face?????

Lol
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

mattman wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:20 am Hi guys

Hope you are well

So I was thinking ( yep again)

And was wondering if there was a 2nd movie which different 4 villains would you include (Let's pretend it would work)
The problem is characters having a believable reason to work together / mutual interest. I could not see the Sanders Mr. Freeze working with anyone (he's great enough to be the lone film villain), but maybe the Mad Hatter might work with Siren as both use powers that alter the mental status of victims, and a writer might work some angle there, but I cannot link them to any other villains. As far as the other "next big four" villains go, the same problem comes up--who can play off of each other and/or work together in a way the audience buys?
Beneath Wayne Manor
mattman

Post by mattman »

Excellent points Batwinged.
You are right: why would Maxie Zeus and King Tut team up?
Poison Ivy and Louie the Lilac?
Colonel Gumm and Minerva( though, in a weird perverse way could work that one).
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

My opinion:

Since the original was comprised of the most popular villains, this time they should be grouped around some form of logic, each one bringing something unique to the table.

This could work:

Egghead (brains)
Black Widow recast much younger or Lady Prudence (Femme Fatale)
Mr. Freeze (Egghead promises he'll cure his condition, unique power set)
Clock King (makes sure the scheme runs with precision)

Maybe:
Minstrel (brains and science)
Marsha (femme fatale)
Shame (lunkheaded muscle and guns, tough and ornery)
Verdigris (weirdo)

I liked the three Catwomen and Pussycat.

How about:

Nora Clavicle (brains)
Olga ("muscle" sword-fighting, deviousness)
Lady Prudence (femme fatale)
Cabalah (crazy science)
mattman

Post by mattman »

Robinboyblunderer some good points there.

The Egghead idea with Mr.Freeze is a clever one. As a code between fiends, Egghead could be genuine in his attempts to cure him and this 'eggs' him on.

Your last suggestion reminded me of my 2 parter I wrote after a massive Dr.Cassandra break out story featuring nearly every main antagonist, who are then incarcerated(must try to find it).
I cannot remember even what I called it, it was so long ago. I only have a hard copy.
Too the Batloft!

Anyway, while the main villains were in jail, Cabala, Eivol Ekdal, Calamity Jan, Frontier Fanny, Verdigris etc decided to join up and show they could do anything their superiors could.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

I think a big complaint about the original movie was that you could see the same on tv for free so why pay for the same old same old. IF that's the case, throw something new out there. Maybe two tv villains and two new premiere villains. Tut and Hatter were two of the more fun second tier bad guys so I'd use them, throw in maybe Poison Ivy and Two Face
To the Bat-Elephant!!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent points.
mattman

Post by mattman »

T Bolt- thank you for your post. Agreed, it was a good extended episode, the movie, so a hypothetical 2nd movie should be like the show: zany, leftfield and making you ask; " Why?"

So therefore, the line-up could be along the lines of your idea- Hatter and Tut. But why? Because it is Batman.

So my new foursome ( I have more foursomes than a golf tournament) could be:
Lord Ffogg
The Archer
Louie the Lilac
The Bookworm

Of all Batman:
Poison Ivy
Baby Dahl
King Tut
The Minstrel

How do you like those Bat-apples?