My batman 1966 stories!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

vintagematt

My batman 1966 stories!

Post by vintagematt »

Ok, so I was inspired by mattman after reading some of his stories, to write my own! my first one is called "purr-fectly false" (I'm not super fond of the title but I really can't do a good title to save my life... so if any of you fellow members can give me some ideas I would love that! :) ) this is part one of many, hope you enjoy! :D

Gotham city, a concrete jungle, a symbol of the modern achievements of man. Its tall buildings, with windows gleaming in the summer sun. One of these many buildings is home to the Hoffman foundation. The company belonging to Gotham millionaire, Charles Hoffman. "Yes, yes I want them delivered tonight, yes by airplane. Thank you Smithers, have a good evening!" Hoffman said as he sat in his office conversing with his senior manager, Chris Smithers. "Alright Charles, have you got Bill to make all of the necessary safety arrangements for the transportation of the nuclear goods?" Chris said as he started to gather his things from the desk of Hoffman. "Yes, yes all done and good!" Hoffman replied. But suddenly a familiar feline felon slips into the room. She is dressed in a black leather catsuit with a black domino mask across her face. It was the arch villain, the Catwoman! "Stop right there gentlemen, or the pulverrrr-izing catgun will have you sleeping with the sandman!", The Catwoman commanded to the two men. "You have no right to stand in this room, begone you felon or I will report you myself" Hoffman shouted while reaching for the white phone of his desk. Just as his fingers touched the receiver Catwoman fired her pulverizing gun, striking Hoffman in the chest. He groaned and fell to the floor with a thud. "Ok false face, come claim your purr-fact prize!" catwoman purred as she put her catgun back in the holster on her belt. The man she calls false face enters, in a Hoffman disguise!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
vintagematt

Re: My batman 1966 stories!

Post by vintagematt »

Here is part two...still just exposition, but the best William come very soon!

Meanwhile in commissioner Gordon's office, he has just heard the news of the break in at the Hoffman foundation building. "Great Scott, Was anything stolen...nothing?...I can't make anything out of it sir!" Gordon says as he sits at his desk talking to investigator Troy, the newest member of the Gotham city police department investigating team, on the phone.
Gordon hangs up and slumps his shoulders with a sad look in his eye. "I'm afraid we have hit a dead end chief, both catwoman and false face break into the Hoffman building, and yet they leave and nothing is stolen, I can't make any sense of it O'Hara!" Gordon spouts to police chief O'Hara, who is standing grimly bowing his head next to Gordon.
"I'm sorry commissioner, but I haven't got a clue about this devilish caper, what could they have been thinkin', all that effort breakin' in and nothing missing, biggora I'm stumped!" O'Hara responds in a depressed tone. "I have to say it, there is only one man who can help us now!" Gordon mutters as he looks longingly at the red hotline at a side table across from him, the direct hotline to batman the caped crusader.
"Now sir, aren't we a little too reliant on batman, I reckon we can figure this out ourselves, with a little thinkin' what can batman do that us cops couldn't commissioner?" O'Hara said standing up to block the Batphone from Gordon's view.
"I can't believe it, I've never heard more nonsensical words come from you chief, I'm ashamed, my own second in command, you ought to be sorry!" Gordon snapped, leaping up from his chair and pushing O'Hara away from the hotline.
"Commissioner, no, give that batman fella a break, I could do anything he could!" O'Hara snapped back at Gordon, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him as he spoke.
"Chief, I can't believe it, I nearby give you two weeks leave, to get yourself straight, Bonnie will see you out!" Gordon responds, surprised at the hostility of his Conrad.
"Fine commish, I'll gladly leave for, this undignified setting!" O'Hara muttered as he left the office. Gordon stood there, shocked at the behavior he had witnessed, and picked up the receiver of the batphone, but hesitated when pressing the button.
He took the chiefs words into account, could they not do this themselves, no, he thought he must call the caped crusader!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Thank you for saying I was your inspiration, that is a great thing to hear.

I was going to suggest, after our conversation last night if we could start a story thread and where it should be posted.

Your story is good so far, may I help with the title?( part one is purrfectly cool)
PART ONE: Purr-fectly False
PART TWO: It's the Catwoman, of Course!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I definitely agree.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

mattman wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:13 pm Thank you for saying I was your inspiration, that is a great thing to hear.

I was going to suggest, after our conversation last night if we could start a story thread and where it should be posted.

Your story is good so far, may I help with the title?( part one is purrfectly cool)
PART ONE: Purr-fectly False
PART TWO: It's the Catwoman, of Course!
Thanks a plenty for the title suggestions I think I'll stick with those...they are very good!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

And sorry for the error at the top of part two "but the Best William is yet to come" is supposed to be "but the best is yet to come,
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

A pretty short chapter today, but I want these individual chapters to be a fast easy read! This one is titled "to the batpoles!" I hope you enjoy! :D

Meanwhile, in the study of the fantastical palace that is the stately Wayne Manor, a red phone, sitting atop an antique wooden desk, starts beeping, the whole phone illuminating at each beep. This does not go unnoticed, for the loyal butler Alfred swiftly picks up the receiver and utters the same words he has countless times in the past, "I will summon them at once sir!". He quickly heads out into the Wayne living room, where Bruce Wayne and his youthful ward dick Grayson are quietly reading. "The Batphone master Bruce!" Alfred mutters under his breath, hoping that master Grayson's sweet and kind Aunt Harriet doesn't overhear.
"Great Scott, time for another adventure!" Dick says as he leaps up from the couch into action.
Bruce looks at him sternly, "quiet, your Aunt is already suspicious of those supposed "fishing trips"...don't let her learn anymore!"
"Gosh Bruce, I'm sorry!" Dick said as he and Bruce ran into the study, Bruce picks up the phone.
"Yes commissioner?...a break in...stole nothing?...police baffled!...we'll be there right away!" Bruce says to the commissioner. He puts the phone down and lifts the head of a shakessphere bust, revealing a lever, Bruce twists it and a bookshelf slides over revealing two poles! They run to them and slide down, switching on the "automating costume changing lever" and they fall. They arrive in the Batcave, not as Bruce or dick, but as batman and robin, the boy Wonder! They run to the Batmobile, fasten their seat belts and drive off to police headquarters!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Sorry for the delay, this is the next chapter, titled "this is that?" :D
Hope you all enjoy! :D :D

"Batman, am I ever glad to see you!" The commissioner said as he greeted batman, and robin the youthful boy wonder.
"No time for flatteries commissioner, any new details on the fiendish caper yet?" Batman replied, brushing off Gordon's compliment.
"Well, nothing on the caper, but chief O'Hara has been acting strange, right before I called you he burst out of the room. He said we don't need you, I've never heard something more disrespectful in my life!" Commissioner Gordon said, with anger in his voice.
"Gee batman, I wonder what that's about?" Robin asked. Suddenly a man walked through the door, to the commissioners surprise, it was Cheif O'Hara!
"I'm so sorry commissioner-!" The chief said before being interrupted by Gordon.
"Sorry does not begin to describe it, you should be ashamed, direspecting the caped crusaders like that!" Gordon yelled at the chief, who appeared confused.
"I'm sorry Commissoner? But I just got back from me lunch break, haven't seen you since nine this morning, I was saying sorry for being late, some thug tried to tie me up, but I got out quick!" He said.
"But that's impossible!" Gordon replied.
"I think I may know what we are dealing with commissioner, an imposter!" Batman stated, pacing the room.
"Holy false face!" Robin exclaimed, punching his left fist into his open right hand.
"Maybe, but it could be anyone, for that fiendish false face isn't the only master of disguise!" Batman replied to his youthful companion. "I think we better in estimate that thug the chief encountered...!"