OFFICIAL BAT '66 FANFICTION THREAD: you write the stories!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

epaddon

Re: OFFICIAL BAT '66 FANFICTION THREAD: your write the stories!

Post by epaddon »

Thank you! And thanks for sharing the links to your work. I will give it a read!
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Any other opinions on some of these scripts? Strengths? Weaknesses?

---jthree
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

I just finished reading your Catwoman Origin Story yesterday, epaddon, and I wanted to tell you that I think it's absolutely fantastic! Truly some of the best fan fiction I've read. Very well written, for starters, but the added characterizations you give these characters that we already know was equally satisfying - particularly when it came to the relationship of Catwoman and her henchman Leo.

The Purrfect Crime is an episode that I'm sure we're all very familiar with, so it's fun to read it with a different twist. You went for a straighter approach in tone than SRR (though this is perhaps his straightest script) which does sacrifice some of my favorite jokes along the way, but it's forgiven for the creative backstory that you give Catwoman ;) I really enjoyed it. I will admit that I didn't watch the Route 66 episodes that you linked to which you based Catwoman's alter ego off of, but I also don't feel it's necessary. You created that character so well on your own. I would imagine a Route 66 fan might get even more enjoyment out of it, but as I said, it worked fine for a strictly Batman fan like me.
- Boy Genius
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Thanks Dan, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm especially glad to know that it wasn't even necessary to see the Route 66 episode to "get" the Vicki character, though the episode is enjoyable for Julie's performance which is fascinating.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

epaddon wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:17 pm Thanks Dan, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm especially glad to know that it wasn't even necessary to see the Route 66 episode to "get" the Vicki character, though the episode is enjoyable for Julie's performance which is fascinating.
Interesting take on the episodes. I too know nothing about route 66 show but that didn't matter. I thought you did a good job and the stories were well written.

Good luck with your own writing if you do your own original stories.

cheers
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Appreciate that! Thanks.