BAT 77 Episode #03 - Sweet Tooth Delights / Shark Tooth Bites

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BAT 77

BAT 77 Episode #03 - Sweet Tooth Delights / Shark Tooth Bites

Post by BAT 77 »

#03 Sweet Tooth Delights.png
#03 Sweet Tooth Delights.png (272.18 KiB) Viewed 3210 times
Gotham City is plagued by two new villains, Sweet Tooth and Professor Bubbles, as our re-watch of the 1977 Filmation series “The New Adventures of Batman” continues. JB reviews “A Sweet Joke on Gotham City”, and “The Bermuda Rectangle”. Plus the debut of "Bat Letters"!

SHOW LINK - http://bat77.libsyn.com/03-sweet-tooth- ... ooth-bites
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
gothosmansion

Re: BAT 77 Episode #03 - Sweet Tooth Delights / Shark Tooth Bites

Post by gothosmansion »

Sorry to be so long commenting.....

For some reason, "The Bermuda Rectangle" is the episode I remember most from my childhood. I remembered the "Bubble Up, Shark Tooth" and giving the clam the pepper to make it sneeze.

Oh, I will say this about Batman telling Bat-Mite to watch Robin. I think Batman was only trying to make Bat-Mite feel like he had an important job, so he would stay out of the way. Of course, if you would had a choice on going off with Robin or Batgirl, who would you choose?

You're right on Sweet-Tooth sounding like Paul Lynde. I'm glad Lynde never played a villain on Batman. I stumbled across a Bewitched episode the other day where Lynde played Superman. That was a scary sight to behold.
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

gothosmansion wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:53 pm Sorry to be so long commenting.....
...but at least you got this in under the wire as I'm recording my "Bat Letters" segment tonight for this weekend's episode. :D Of course if anyone else comments on this thread, I'll be sure to include them in the following episode.

For some reason, "The Bermuda Rectangle" is the episode I remember most from my childhood. I remembered the "Bubble Up, Shark Tooth" and giving the clam the pepper to make it sneeze.
It's funny what sticks in your memory. There's a specific line delivery from Adam West on the Electro episode that I remembered from watching the cartoon in '77 to when I bought the DVD in 2007. Of course CBS and also NBC reran the same 16 episodes until the early 1980s.
Oh, I will say this about Batman telling Bat-Mite to watch Robin. I think Batman was only trying to make Bat-Mite feel like he had an important job, so he would stay out of the way. Of course, if you would had a choice on going off with Robin or Batgirl, who would you choose?
Haha! True. I like how Batman had to calm Robin down after his "Holy Ego!" retort to Bat Mite with the patience of a mother of a petulant child.
You're right on Sweet-Tooth sounding like Paul Lynde. I'm glad Lynde never played a villain on Batman. I stumbled across a Bewitched episode the other day where Lynde played Superman. That was a scary sight to behold.
I didn't mention this on the podcast, but as a kid I thought that WAS Paul Lynde doing Sweet Tooth's voice. And I'm just now remembering an episode of The Simpsons where there's a flashback to the '66 Radioactive Man TV series where a Paul Lynde plays "The Scoutmaster".

BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Sweet Tooth with Paul Lynde voice: "It must have been a sweet victory for ya'!"

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Interesting BAT 77...

About the Batmobile, you questioned why the Batmobile would need an oil change when its atomic powered. Well, one, was it ever established that the Batmobile in this series--in a universe all its own (meaning it had no in-universe connection to any other Batman production)--was atomic powered?

Two, even if a vehicle was atomic powered, it would still need oil for the reasons any combustible engine vehicle would. Even NASA's rockets and space shuttles needed oil for certain processes, so its main power sources does not eliminate the rest of the vehicle's mechanical needs.

Sweet Tooth...such a terrible villain. He seems like a more infantile version of the 1986-69 cartoon's Simon the Pieman (overweight, annoying villain. *shrugs*

I think you missed something in the "hanging out with small children" comment; he was based on the corrupting adult character type made famous by Charles Dickens' Fagin character from Oliver Twist. That kind of character has been used endlessly in fiction ever since, and was instantly recognizable, hence the reason CBS did not have a problem with this episode, much like they did not have an issue with Filmation's Ark II, where a more direct swipe from Dickens appeared in the episode, "The Flies", with Jonathan Harris in the Fagin role with a gang of wayward children.

As for Shark Tooth. Eh.
Beneath Wayne Manor