False Face - Should He Have Appeared More?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatBrain

Re: False Face - Should He Have Appeared More?

Post by BatBrain »

I certainly think False Face should have appeared in at least a couple more appearances as well. I have thought about this recently. I've recently watched the whole series, and these two episodes are the ones that were, to me, the most memorable out of all three seasons. Malachi Throne was a great, menacing False Face. Even though False Face acted as sort of a "fill in" for the all too violent Two-Face, I believe False Face stands on his own as a great character, and definitely one of my favorite villains. I may call these episodes my favorites out of the whole series as well.

I've also thought more about this. Does anybody else think it would be cool to feature False Face in a new Batman motion-picture series whenever it is rebooted?
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

BatBrain wrote:I've also thought more about this. Does anybody else think it would be cool to feature False Face in a new Batman motion-picture series whenever it is rebooted?
Well, you've already had Tommy Lee Jones play Two-Face in the 1995(?) movie.
BatBrain

Post by BatBrain »

Dr. Shimel wrote:
BatBrain wrote:I've also thought more about this. Does anybody else think it would be cool to feature False Face in a new Batman motion-picture series whenever it is rebooted?
Well, you've already had Tommy Lee Jones play Two-Face in the 1995(?) movie.
Yes, but as I said, I believe False Face stands on his own. I was just thinking it may be cool to incorporate some of the villains from the 60s Batman show into a new movie series, such as False Face, or maybe even Clock King, King Tut, or Mad Hatter.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

It's doubtful that would ever happen, simply because the producers of the Batman franchise over the past quarter century have focused on the comic book version, since the '66 fans don't fit their infamous marketing sweet spot. Besides, I can't picture anyone other than Victor Buono as King Tut, so anyone else would pale in comparison.
Turkey Bowinkle

Post by Turkey Bowinkle »

Dr. Shimel wrote:
MysticNitekatt wrote:
Dr. Shimel wrote: Roddy McDowell always said he was contracted for more appearances, but they never asked him back - availability or lack of popularity?
Looks to be more availability, although he wasn't quite as prolific as Throne in 1966-67.
Right after his appearance as Bookworm, Roddy McDowall started to get involved in some obscure franchise known as...

PLANET OF THE APES!
BatBrain

Post by BatBrain »

Dr. Shimel wrote:It's doubtful that would ever happen, simply because the producers of the Batman franchise over the past quarter century have focused on the comic book version, since the '66 fans don't fit their infamous marketing sweet spot. Besides, I can't picture anyone other than Victor Buono as King Tut, so anyone else would pale in comparison.
This very true, though King Tut would not be a first choice for me, you are very right about Buono. But If some of the 60s show villains were brought back (onto new films), they would of course have to adapt them to make them more modern and in line with the darker nature of the comics, which i think could turn out very well if done correctly. Egg Head I think would be another great one to see again, but what would he do in the plot? He wouldn't be very menacing with his "Egg-stravagant" schemes! :lol:
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

The Mad Hatter was apart of the rogues gallery of arch criminals used in the comicbook prior to the 66series(his lure was his top hat and big orange mustache and he did return in seasons 2) and I always wanted him used in the more modern motion pictures. For some reason I could see Gene Wilder as Mad Hatter in the Burton/Schuelmacher interpretation.

False face however was a made for the series villain, who was difficult to put a face on him we could identify with...so even though the episodes were very well done, great concept for a villain, but as far as retaining the comicbook fans into the series, False face was quite forgettable.
BatBrain

Post by BatBrain »

Jaws63 wrote:The Mad Hatter was apart of the rogues gallery of arch criminals used in the comicbook prior to the 66series(his lure was his top hat and big orange mustache and he did return in seasons 2) and I always wanted him used in the more modern motion pictures. For some reason I could see Gene Wilder as Mad Hatter in the Burton/Schuelmacher interpretation.

False face however was a made for the series villain, who was difficult to put a face on him we could identify with...so even though the episodes were very well done, great concept for a villain, but as far as retaining the comicbook fans into the series, False face was quite forgettable.
Yeah, I think the Mad Hatter would be great for a movie. And you I certainly agree with you about Gene Wilder! I also see what you mean with False Face. Very true, perhaps.
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

I enjoyed the False Face character greatly. I would of loved seeing him if only for a few more shows.
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
Bob

Post by Bob »

I never liked the episodes. I loved the show but was glad he didnt get too many of them.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

I put it to you Batfans that False Face may have appeared more than once easily, after all he was a master of disguise. He may have appeared as another villain!
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

That's right!!!!! Didn't he reappear as Madame Lola Lasagna? I thought Egghead looked familiar! It was Blaze come back to Gotham City with a shaved head after the sheep farm thing with her brother didn't work out. They fooled me after all these years!
"You've done it again, F.F.!" :lol:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Yellow Oval wrote:That's right!!!!! Didn't he reappear as Madame Lola Lasagna? I thought Egghead looked familiar! It was Blaze come back to Gotham City with a shaved head after the sheep farm thing with her brother didn't work out. They fooled me after all these years!
"You've done it again, F.F.!" :lol:
"Thanks...I know you didn't mean it." :D
66wasbest

Post by 66wasbest »

False Face was a comic book character.He appeared in a 1958 Batman comic book story.
Batguy

Post by Batguy »

I still think False Face would have been a much better fit in the Ma Parker plot. As a master of disguise he could have easily taken Warden Crieghten's place early in the season and would also explain how so many of Batman's foes would get out of Gotham prison weekly.