BAT 77 Episode #04 - The Shrinking Detectives / The Penguin's Electives

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BAT 77

BAT 77 Episode #04 - The Shrinking Detectives / The Penguin's Electives

Post by BAT 77 »

#04 The Shrinking Detectives.png
#04 The Shrinking Detectives.png (246.36 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
An arch villain from outer space has the Dynamic Duo in the palm of his hand - literally! And the waddling fowl bird of crime is giving lessons in larceny. JB continues his re-watch and reviews of the ’77 Filmation Batman (featuring Adam West & Burt Ward) with “Bite Sized” and “Reading, Writing and Wronging”.

SHOW LINK - http://bat77.libsyn.com/04-the-shrinkin ... -electives
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
gothosmansion

Re: BAT 77 Episode #04 - The Shrinking Detectives / The Penguin's Electives

Post by gothosmansion »

HI JB,

An alien shrinking a DC hero immediately made me think of Braniac's first appearance in the comics. I don't know if the writer had that in mind, though. Was there an "action" cartoon in the 70s that didn't feature an episode where the hero was shrunk. Oh, the shrinking wasn't just a Jack Schiff era thing. The Joker shrunk his psychiatrist (his shrink, ba-dum-bump) in a Denny O'Neil written Batman.

As for the Commissioner having a big portrait of himself with Batgirl...Well, either he knows Batgirl is really his daughter and doesn't care if he exposes her identity or he's just a huge Batgirl fan....which may be a little creepy considering she's his daughter.

You would think that DC or Filmation's legal would have double-checked before using the name Electro. Weren't they worried Marvel would sue?

Oh, I hope you don't mind me mentioning, but the Man-Bat writer was Frank Robbins.