Unsolved Mysteries of the series

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Unsolved Mysteries of the series

Post by John Mack »

So, the thread about what actress played Commissioner Gordon's secretary Bonnie Patterson got me to thinking (I know, dangerous). We should have a common thread to try and solve all of these types of questions.

Let's try and keep it organized so we aren't all over the place, especially with the answers when they come in. I recommend numbering our questions, that way we can refer back to them throughout the thread, but only ONE QUESTION PER NUMBER. So I'll start things off:

1) Who is the actress who played Bonnie Patterson, Commissioner Gordon's secretary?

2) Who were the members of Nelson Riddle's Orchestra during the recording of the series' music?

3) Where did the Riddle Orchestra record the music for the series? Studio #, private studio off lot?

4) Who played the instruments used in the recording of Neal Hefti's Batman Theme for the show? We know the Ron Hicklin singers sang.

5) Who were the members of Hefti's orchestra that played on his Batman records? Same as answer to #4?
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

Re: Unsolved Mysteries of the series

Post by Therin of Andor »

6) Does the footage of Sonny & Cher's replaced window cameo still exist?

Re: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4880
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

7) Who were the two little old ladies that walk in front of the Batmobile at police headquarters? They're in the series almost every episode!
Music. BAT! Music.
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

4. It's been a long time since I read it, but I seem to recall Tommy Tedesco played guitar?
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Commodore Schmidlapp wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:19 pm 4. It's been a long time since I read it, but I seem to recall Tommy Tedesco played guitar?
#4: He played lead guitar for the Marketts (the wrecking crew). Considering the Marketts got their Batman album out weeks before Hefti, it may or may not be true. I'd love to see studio sign in forms.
Music. BAT! Music.
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

John Mack wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:41 am
Commodore Schmidlapp wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:19 pm 4. It's been a long time since I read it, but I seem to recall Tommy Tedesco played guitar?
#4: He played lead guitar for the Marketts (the wrecking crew). Considering the Marketts got their Batman album out weeks before Hefti, it may or may not be true. I'd love to see studio sign in forms.
I have one of Tedesco's books; I dug it up but he didn't mention specific shows he did.

His Wikipedia entry does list Batman among his credits.

My guess is that it was him, but I guess we may never know for certain. ;)

Tedesco's credits include the theme from television's Bonanza, The Twilight Zone, Vic Mizzy's theme from Green Acres, M*A*S*H, Batman, and Elvis Presley's '68 Comeback Special. Tedesco was shown on-camera in a number of game and comedy shows, and played ex-con guitarist Tommy Marinucci, a member of Happy Kyne's Mirth-Makers, in the talk-show spoof Fernwood 2 Night.[2]