BAT 77 Episode #07 - The Cat and the Clay / Freaky Friday

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BAT 77

BAT 77 Episode #07 - The Cat and the Clay / Freaky Friday

Post by BAT 77 »

So I discovered that I did take Batman's advice to always be prepared because I had a back-up copy of my recording session for this podcast after all. So without further delay...
#07 The Cat and the Clay - Freaky Friday.png
#07 The Cat and the Clay - Freaky Friday.png (292.2 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
Gotham City goes thru another energy crisis as Catwoman & Clayface team up rip off all the oil. Meanwhile the Penguin attempts to corrupt the Caped Crusaders with an illicit substance but ends up besides himself. We continue our look back at the 1977 Filmation series featuring Adam West and Burt Ward with a review of “Curses! Oiled Again!” and “Birds of a Feather Fool Around Together”.

SHOW LINK - http://bat77.libsyn.com/07-the-cat-and- ... aky-friday
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
robinboyblunderer

Re: BAT 77 Episode #07 - The Cat and the Clay / Freaky Friday

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Hi Bat77. First time listening to your show. Interesting podcast. But was there a glitch in the editing? You skipped an entire sequence from Birds of a Feather when Gigi lures Robin into an umbrella trap, picks him up and carries him to the Penguin vehicle and he's used as bait for Batman. That's a key sequence to the episode, and shows how much of an effective moll Gigi was.

cheers
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

robinboyblunderer wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:21 pm Hi Bat77. First time listening to your show. Interesting podcast. But was there a glitch in the editing? You skipped an entire sequence from Birds of a Feather when Gigi lures Robin into an umbrella trap, picks him up and carries him to the Penguin vehicle and he's used as bait for Batman. That's a key sequence to the episode, and shows how much of an effective moll Gigi was.

cheers
Not a glitch in the editing. I didn't get that in my notes. But you're right. I'll remedy that for the next Bat Letters segment. I also need to mention Catwoman's backing music at the start of the Oil episode, because it was only after I listened to the playback of that clip did I notice the meow-like sounds coming from a synthesizer, which I thought sounded really cool.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

I agree the Catwoman and Clayface were a pretty weird idea for a team up. Having them at odds, ala the Joker vs Clayface story in the early 60s might have been more interesting. Really, I wonder if the episode would have worked better as a Clayface solo story. With all the wild stuff that Catwoman's car could do, wouldn't it have made more sense to have Clayface's shape-shifting abilities responsible for those instead of a vehicle? Considering all the gadgets packed into Catwoman's ride, do you think there is an untold Batman/James Bond crossover where Catwoman seduced Q into making gadgets for her?

The mind swap between Penguin and Bat-Mite....Ugggh. GiGi looks like the Penguin stole Wilma Flintstones hairdo and earrings. Yeah, I know Flintstones was Hanna-Barbara and not Filmation, but still.