Caprice

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatMite

Caprice

Post by BatMite »

Here's something I stumbled upon...the credits to the 1967 film, Caprice. Has anybody seen it? Any clue what is involved?

A. Pennyworth

Re: Caprice

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Interesting!
Found on the web

"There's a nice gag where some kids are seen watching Batman on TV, which makes me wonder why Frank Tashlin never directed any episodes of that show - he's perfect for it!"

Caprice movie online
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zdrg4

and a quick watch at 58.30+ mark I found the 5 second clip of the kids

also the trailer has a WHAM!

and at 108.30+ the sound of the Batmobile can be heard!

Maybe more??

Nice find!
Attachments
caprice2.jpg
caprice1.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Funny how they credit the company, Periodical Publications. It was NATIONAL Periodical Publications or as the merch was marked, NPP. Also, the BatmobIle sound effect could have actually been the sound of that jet. I've never been able to pin down where they got that effect from, but pretty sure it's from a jet or an old vacuum cleaner lol.
Music. BAT! Music.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Man, we have it all here. Cosplayers, prop collectors, comic book collectors, Hot Wheels collectors, costume builders, friends of the cast, artists, voice actors, car builders, etc, etc.

That said: when a member happens to see a reference to the TV show go by in the titles at the end of a movie - and then another member not only finds the film in full but also screen-grabs the five-second scene where our favorite show is playing on a TV in the background...we’ve reached a new level of uber-nerdom.

8-) I’m in heady company, for sure.

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

TP-6597 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:05 pm Man, we have it all here. Cosplayers, prop collectors, comic book collectors, Hot Wheels collectors, costume builders, friends of the cast, artists, voice actors, car builders, etc, etc.

That said: when a member happens to see a reference to the TV show go by in the titles at the end of a movie - and then another member not only finds the film in full but also screen-grabs the five-second scene where our favorite show is playing on a TV in the background...we’ve reached a new level of uber-nerdom.

8-) I’m in heady company, for sure.

And it's great!
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Not to mention Lisa Seagram, better known to Gothamites as Lila, owner of Lila’s Lilac Shop, 11 Lavender Lane.

-J\/\/
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I remember seeing this movie as a kid on a Sunday afternoon TV showing and thought it was a Bob Hope movie from the 60s-- nice to finally have the movie title down.
Great work everyone!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

JWLJN wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:00 am Not to mention Lisa Seagram, better known to Gothamites as Lila, owner of Lila’s Lilac Shop, 11 Lavender Lane.
And listed earlier in the credits was Jack Kruschen, aka Gotham's top purveyor of doomtraps, Eivol Ekdal.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

The other night I spotted yet another brief Bat-reference in the 1969 Kirk Douglas film The Arrangement. There's a scene where Kirk is looking up at the windows of his mistress Faye Dunaway's apartment and he sees Faye's new boyfriend. It goes into a fantasy sequence where Kirk runs into the building, beats the guy up, and throws him out the window - and it's accompanied by ersatz Bat-fight music with Biff! Pow! Bam! title cards that appear to be carbon copies of the ones from the series (although there's no credit for them) - and it wouldn't be the last time Warner Bros. messed with Batman! :roll:
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."