RIP Seymour Cassell aka "Cancelled"

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dr. Shimel

RIP Seymour Cassell aka "Cancelled"

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Seymour Cassell, who played "Cancelled"--one of Col. Gumm's henchmen in the GH crossover--has died. He had a long career as a character actor:

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/04/08/f ... OtV7CyDehU
BATWINGED HORNET

Re: RIP Seymour Cassell aka "Cancelled"

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Seymour Cassel will be missed. My earliest memory of him was the Green Hornet crossover, but I certainly remember his work with John Cassavetes, as well as significant TV guest spots. Rarely the same kind of performance twice.
Beneath Wayne Manor
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

RIP Sir.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

interesting that another noted character actor, Alex Rocco, was also a Gumm henchman. Possibly the most prolific duo from the series.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I remember Seymour well and really enjoyed his work. I have to say that first picture of his older self at the link was incredible. If you just add a pair of glasses he would've been the quintessential Commissioner James Gordon from the comics. :shock: Tim Burton originally should've hired him instead of a woefully miscast Pat Hingle.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

RIP. I remember him from almost every TV show in the 70's. If he was careful with his money, he probably made more than some of the quote, stars of the time.
I don't want this thread de-evolving into a Burton rant, but suffice it to say, he should have and shouldn't have done a lot of things.
Music. BAT! Music.