Happy birthday to The Siren

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Happy birthday to The Siren

Post by High C »

It already is May 24 across the pond where Joan Collins was born, but it still is May 23 here in the U.S., marking Joan Collins' 86th birthday. This is how she looked at an event last month.

The event celebrated 'camp,' and Collins tweeted beforehand, asking people if they could guess what she would go as. One person suggested The Siren, and no, it was not I. 8-)
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
clavierankh

Re: Happy birthday to The Siren

Post by clavierankh »

Saw her birthday in the paper and thought of posting something. I knew you wouldn't let her down!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Happy Birthday to The EVIL Siren.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

A long, remarkable career for her and she has been a survivor. It is so hard to think of her to be the age she is now.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Happy belated birthday. Amazing the career resurgence she had in the 1980s. She guest starred on a lot of my favorite 60s shows, Star Trek (one of the best episodes), Man from U.N.C.L.E. (one of the few decent 3rd season episodes) and, of course, Batman. She was always a much better actress than she was given credit for.
High C

Post by High C »

clavierankh wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:13 pm Saw her birthday in the paper and thought of posting something. I knew you wouldn't let her down!
What are you talking about? I didn't post anything. The last thing I remember was getting a long-distance call from England, and hearing a strange dial tone... :?
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

An EVIL one at that too.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Hedda Hopper broke the news about her getting the part nine years before it happened! :) (it's actually about her role in "Rally Round The Flag")
The_Miami_News_Sat__May_24__1958_.jpg
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Wow. Happy 86th birthday to Miss Collins.

Its funny--many only associate her with the Dynasty character, almost as if that was typical of her work, but in each decade of her career, she was almost a completely different actress considering the roles she accepted. No one can say Collins acting style of the 60's was anything like her methods used in something such as Tales from the Crypt (1972), Empire of the Ants (11977), or the racier films she starred in. One might suggest those racy roles had something to do with landing the Alexis part, but it was a far different kind of performance than anything seen in those 70s movies.
Beneath Wayne Manor