https://13thdimension.com/burt-ward-get ... k-of-fame/

Far out!

—Dan
catwoman-henchman

Re: BURT WARD Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Post by catwoman-henchman »

The interesting part of it is:

“My sincerest thanks to everyone who contributed to this great honor..."

Financially? We all know the "Hollywood Walk of Fame" is more crooked than The Penguin's cane. They charge a lot of money for the star.

According to Wikipedia, "The current (2017) fee is $40,000." That's the price for making the star, installing it, and filling the pockets of the board who process the request.

Did Burt do a Kickstarter or a GoFundMe? Or was it worth $40,000 to him to put up the money and just have somebody nominate him?

If it was Kickstater or GoFundMe, perhaps fans might want to target other deserving stars such as Burt. In the "Batman" world that would include Julie and Lee.

Part of the nominating process is not only filling out a form explaining why you think somebody deserves a star, but guaranteeing that the $40,000 fee will be paid for, and the performer will show up for the ceremony.

Most often, a star's movie company or TV studio will absorb the cost, figuring the publicity is worth it. That's why the honor usually goes to active performers who have product to promote.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

This is way overdue, but can we not go into the “crooked Hollywood” discussion, let’s keep this about Burt.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

That would be awesome if it were next to Adam West’s. I’m not really one to go visit or collect Hollywood related stuff. I have a few one-sheets, books, etc, but if his goes next to Adam, I just might have to make a pilgrimage. They are pretty much my earliest viewing of TV. Add in they were also my first favorite show, and were instantly my heroes, and it’s only fitting I visit and take a nice photo.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

THE BATPHONE! wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:57 pm This is way overdue, but can we not go into the “crooked Hollywood” discussion, let’s keep this about Burt.
Thank you. I was just about to ask the same. Let's do the boy wonder a courtesy and not rain on this at all.

A big congratulations to Burt on this honor.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Finally. Burt certainly deserves the honor. Before landing the role of Robin, there was no model or example to base his energetic/aggressive version on at all. His version made such an impact, that I would say the majority of adapted Robins to follow borrowed from his performance in one way or another. That is an undeniable impact on the character and his place in popular culture. All thanks to Burt.
Beneath Wayne Manor
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

They have them all listed here, so we’ll eventually know where it ends up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... lk_of_Fame
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
catwoman-henchman

Post by catwoman-henchman »

"This is way overdue, but can we not go into the “crooked Hollywood” discussion, let’s keep this about Burt."

"Thank you. I was just about to ask the same. Let's do the boy wonder a courtesy and not rain on this at all."

The reason why I asked was not to degrade Burt, but to figure out how Catwomen Lee and Julie, could ALSO get honored.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Never knew he was trying to raise money for one. No mention on the board here about it.

Also, any update about his daughter Lisa?
Music. BAT! Music.