Just wanted to reshare this

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Just wanted to reshare this

Post by John Mack »

I really like this and wanted reshare it for those who have not seen it.
Attachments
16708291_n_1562114320188.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Re: Just wanted to reshare this

Post by vintagematt »

That is one of my favorite pieces of artwork, EVER! My favorite Superman, meeting my favorite Batman! Absolutely awesome, like all of Alex Ross’ art!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
rajung

Post by rajung »

That is pretty cool artwork.
Wishing back in the day an episode could have been done featuring the 3, I know they were many years apart but when I was watching Superman in the mid 60" I had no idea it was in reruns on our B/W beast
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Sadly, an episode with all three wouldn’t be possible, due to Reeves’ tragic death in 1959, 7 years before Batman premiered. But boy, it would have been great if it was!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Huge GR fan too! Great artwork!

I'm always amazed at how the production values and color palette between the Superman and Batman series are so different. They look so much more than 7 years apart....

Terry
ELVIS

Post by ELVIS »

I wish prints would be available. There is also a very good Batman '66 and Lynda Carter Wonder Woman I like. He doesn't make them available on his website, and the one or 2 times I've seen an Alex Ross booth at a convention, they didn't offer these.
Kite Kid

Post by Kite Kid »

There's also this:

I would have preferred to have seen Reeves in this rather than Reeve, but only because I like to keep the TV heroes with the other TV heroes and the movie heroes with the other movie heroes (and where are the Scarlet Cyclone and Ghetto Man?? :D ). But I still like it -- a lot. I'm sure Alex Ross chose to use Reeve here because he was the Superman of the '70s, when Wonder Woman and Legends aired.