Burt Ward to appear in CW's "Crisis on Infinte Earths"

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BAT 77

Re: Burt Ward to appear in CW's "Crisis on Infinte Earths"

Post by BAT 77 »

I do watch Flash and Supergirl and enjoy both, though I grew pretty tired of the "Nora" storyline on last season's Flash. Tried Arrow and Legends but can't be bothered to keep up with those. I am looking forward to Batwoman. Not related to the "Arrow-verse" but I also tried Gotham a few times but that was just too violent and convoluted.

I also saw that Tom Welling from "Smallville" will also be featured in Crisis, so we may very well see at least three live-action Supermen (four if Dean Cain also suits up).

I can't see Burt back in the Robin suit. I would imagine him as like the old Bruce Wayne in "Batman Beyond", sitting alone in the Batcave as the sole heir to the Wayne fortune and sole surviver of the "Terrific Trio" (hope we get a nod to Yvonne as well).
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Kite Kid wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 am I wonder if they have plans for some of the other actors who, like Lynda, are already a part of this universe, like John Wesley Shipp, Helen Slater and Dean Cain. Shipp, I believe, already has reprised his role as the Flash he played in the 1990 series.
Yes. Shipp appeared in an Elseworlds episode in his 1990s Flash costume, and he also plays Jay Garrick, the Golden Age/Earth-2 Flash and Henry Allen, father of Earth-1 Barry. I think it'd be great if they got Slater, Cain, et al. to reprise their roles -- although at some point they could end up with more Kryptonians than the bottle city of Kandor. :)
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Kite Kid wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 am It now has been announced that Lynda Carter and Tom Welling also will be reprising their roles as Wonder Woman and Superman.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/tom-wel ... te-earths/
As someone who has read Crisis a few times (including, weirdly enough, just a few weeks ago), I would already be on board with watching this. Add in my boyhood hero Burt Ward and I’m all-in! Add in Lynda Carter and I’m even more all-iner ;)

This is a total must-watch. Any live action Crisis would be, but this - is especially so. I can hardly wait for set photos while they’re filming.

If anyone is interested and yet unfamiliar, Crisis can get a little confusing. Maybe at least find a discussion or synopsis before this airs. It will help make sense of the parallel characters and their worlds.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

http://www.darkhorizons.com/kevin-conro ... ve-action/

Here's an update as Kevin Conroy will appear also
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Holy cow, just when I thought it couldn’t get any better! Plus he’s actually playing him, not just a cameo as another character. Fantastic news!
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I heard and read about the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman thing too. Now I am completely intrigued!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

This is very exciting, but, with all these stars how much screen time will/ could each one get? 1-2 lines, possibly over a bank of computer monitors?
That being said- I can't wait. It will be awesome!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Kevin Conroy will also be playing a live-action older Bruce Wayne. I wonder if he will put on the Bat armor from Kingdom Come or Batman Beyond?

They should have Julie Newmar in a cameo with Burt.