KHJ Promotion

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley

Re: KHJ Promotion

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jim Akin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 am KHJ celebrated its first anniversary in 1966, and published a commemorative "annual" that's reproduced here in PDF form. It includes a photo of Adam West handing Fred Jones a gift certificate for the TV he won, another photo of Batman with one of the KHJ disk jockeys, and lots of other cool pics of station-sponsored events. Groovy!
Awesome! Love this stuff.
Screenshot 2019-09-04 at 12.05.06.jpg
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

BatMite wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:13 pm I use Any Video Converter. It comes highly praised and is easy to use. I know many of the free converters do have malware attached but I haven’t had any problems after downloading the Any Video Converter.

Per Wiki:

The free version of AVC is ad-supported.[12] While it does not appear to contain malware,[13] the Windows installer does default to include potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) such as virus scanners and/or toolbars. However, the user can avoid installing these PUPs by selecting the Customize Install option and not accepting installation of the optional, recommended software.[14]
Thank you so much! That’s really helpful
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

chrisbcritter wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Seriously, which episode would they have been filming when the prize was awarded?
On one of the segments, they mention just defeating the Riddler, so I assume they're referring to an episode that just aired. And I'm guessing these segments were aired on a daily basis over a two week period (as there were 10 clues total). So my guess is either around the week of 2/13/66, the week of 3/27/66, or the week of 4/24/66, which would coincide with Frank Gorshin's 2nd, 3rd and 4th appearance on the show.

Hope that helps to narrow it down.

JB
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I was thinking the Riddler reference could have been put in the contest-promo script without necessarily tracking against TV episodes, but then I noticed that the caption to the KHJ photo says the prize was awarded in January (1966). So the radio contest must have been closely tied to the launch of the series, and the copywriter was probably referring to Hi Diddle Riddle/Smack in the Middle.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I put my kids through the Khj Guess the Batphone number promotion tonight with $10 as the prize. They both narrowed the clues down to the final two digits, and it was a lucky guess about the correct order that determined the winner. Super Batfun!