RIP, Sid Haig.

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Kite Kid

RIP, Sid Haig.

Post by Kite Kid »

Actor Sid Haig, the Royal Apothecary from "The Spell of Tut/Tut's Case Is Shut," has died at age 80. Among his vast other credits, he also played Malachi Throne's henchman on "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl." RIP.

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/actor- ... ead-at-80/
Ben Bentley

Re: RIP, Sid Haig.

Post by Ben Bentley »

I literally just watched "The Spell of Tut" on Saturday and for a moment it crossed my mind that only Burt and Sid were still with us from the notable cast.

He will be missed!
Kite Kid

Post by Kite Kid »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:26 am... only Burt and Sid were still with us from the notable cast.
Marianna Hill is still with us, too. Two years ago, she spoke with Me-TV about her appearances on various '60s shows, including "Batman."

Marianna Hill chats with Me-TV
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Sid Haig and Jill St. John are also the only people to have done "Batman" and appeared in a James Bond movie ("Diamonds Are Forever."
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Holy myopia, that was Haig who tells Bond, "I got a brudder" in DAF! How did I never notice that before?

I remember him best as Master of the Thralls in Star Trek's "Gamesters of Triskelion " episode, and the recurring, Ming-like villain on "Jason but f Star Command."

Sorry to hear he's passed. One of the great "heavies" of my childhood .
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Kite Kid

Post by Kite Kid »

SprangFan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:34 amI remember him best as Master of the Thralls in Star Trek's "Gamesters of Triskelion " episode
That was Joseph Ruskin. Haig's only Star Trek appearance was as the First Lawgiver in "The Return of the Archons."
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Ah well, they do say memory's the second thing to go.

Can't recall what the first was.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

This is one of those real downers for me. I was a huge Sid Haig fan. He was in both my all-time favorite TV series - Batman - and my all-time favorite Bond film - Diamonds Are Forever. I watched him in so many other things that are too numerous to mention. if anyone is unfamiliar I suggest IMDB and be prepared for some mouse-wheeling.

The age of Hollywood and its once pool of legendary talent is quickly withering away.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Kite Kid wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:09 am
Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:26 am... only Burt and Sid were still with us from the notable cast.
Marianna Hill is still with us, too. Two years ago, she spoke with Me-TV about her appearances on various '60s shows, including "Batman."

Marianna Hill chats with Me-TV
That's awesome! Thanks for the insight. I was honestly under the impression that she had passed over a decade ago.
Kite Kid

Post by Kite Kid »

Ben Bentley wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:57 am I was honestly under the impression that she had passed over a decade ago.
This got me wondering how many of the henchmolls are still with us, so I did some research. There were some of whom I could find no information, but I'm pleased to report that many of them are still living. Terry Moore and Monique Van Vooren both are in their 90s now; the remainder are in their 70s or 80s. In addition to Terry, Monique and Marianna Hill, the others -- in no particular order -- are June Wilkinson, Pat Becker, Kathy Kersh, Marilyn Hanold, Sharyn Wynters, Inga Neilsen, Angela Dorian, Leslie Parrish, Jane Wald, Valeri Kairys, Tisha Sterling, Diane McBain, Eileen O'Neill, Sivi Aberg, Gail Hire, Linda Gaye Scott, Susan Silo, Ziva Rodann, Joan Staley, Sherry Jackson, Jean Hale, Nancy Kovack, Edy Williams, Stacey Maxwell, Donna Loren and Jill St. John. Those that I couldn't find any information about are Yvonne Arnett, Leslie Perkins, Aleta Rotell, Nannette Turner and Lynley Laurence.
zippgun

Post by zippgun »

Sid played the boss of the Haunted House nightclub in the 1967 "beach" movie "It's bikini world." It was a real club on Hollywood Boulevard, it seems.