Folding Robin Batarang

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batfanman

Re: Folding Robin Batarang

Post by Batfanman »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:33 pm
Batfanman wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:10 pm Didn't Batgirl have her own [purple?] Batarang?
This question actually sent me down a research rabbit hole this week and as things stand, I genuinely don't believe Yvonne did actually use a purple 'rang. I trawled S3 haven't managed to find a single screen cap from the show nor a publicity photo featuring a purple version.

My theory (unless gladly proven otherwise!) at this point is that it was a fan interpreted prop idea which originated in the late 80's early 90's when fan-propmakers like CY started offering the Burt casting in a purple material as a "Batgirl" variant. What kind of amuses me however much (like many rumours/myths surrounding the Batman TV show and circulated in print and online over the years) is that some of the toy manufacturers (such as FTC) have subsequently run with this notion and offered it as an accessory with Batgirl figures.
Thanks, Ben - didn't expect you to go thru all of that! I agree w/ your theory on the purple Batarang - amazing how fans can add on to the legacy.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Batfanman wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 am
Batfanman wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:10 pm Didn't Batgirl have her own [purple?] Batarang?
This question actually sent me down a research rabbit hole this week and as things stand, I genuinely don't believe Yvonne did actually use a purple 'rang. I trawled S3 haven't managed to find a single screen cap from the show nor a publicity photo featuring a purple version.

My theory (unless gladly proven otherwise!) at this point is that it was a fan interpreted prop idea which originated in the late 80's early 90's when fan-propmakers like CY started offering the Burt casting in a purple material as a "Batgirl" variant. What kind of amuses me however much (like many rumours/myths surrounding the Batman TV show and circulated in print and online over the years) is that some of the toy manufacturers (such as FTC) have subsequently run with this notion and offered it as an accessory with Batgirl figures.
Thanks, Ben - didn't expect you to go thru all of that! I agree w/ your theory on the purple Batarang - amazing how fans can add on to the legacy.
If it's any consolation, my intrigue came out of a conversation Scott and I were having on a Skype call recently, but seeing your post actually coincided within a day or so. Sometimes, you've just gotta knuckle down and do the research, haha. No one will ever accuse me of being an armchair quarterback ;)
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:27 am
Batfanman wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 am

If it's any consolation, my intrigue came out of a conversation Scott and I were having on a Skype call recently, but seeing your post actually coincided within a day or so. Sometimes, you've just gotta knuckle down and do the research, haha. No one will ever accuse me of being an armchair quarterback ;)

Plus, any old excuse to watch "Batman" :)
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66