Video Bat-Chat is back!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley

Re: Video Bat-Chat is back!

Post by Ben Bentley »

I want to say a big thanks to everyone who stopped by and hung out during yesterday's VBC call! It was a ton of fun and it was great to chat with old friends and new ones alike!

We kicked off right on schedule with four of us and then we were joined by others along the way.
VBC-22.03.20.jpg
Looking forward to our next one. Keep your eyes peeled in the next few days for a date and time!
clavierankh wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 pm Will a recording of the chat be up somewhere?
I'm not categorically ruling that out for the future, but for the most part unless it was a specific topic or "watch along" themed VBC session, I don't really forsee recording these and hosting them. A lot of the fun comes from the "being there" factor and seeing where these conversations go along the way. I'm eager to experiment with different timings and days of the week in order to try and accomodate as many different people's schedules as possible. If there is a day/night/time that works for YOU, please by all means drop me a PM and let me know and I will aim to make this accessible to everyone over time.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Good times, good stories, impression- it had it all! I cannot wait for the next one.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Wow, blast from the recent past! I remember the first incarnations of Bat-Chat and the fun we had (I'm looking at YOU, Chuck Williams!). Glad it's coming back and super-relevant in this situation. Sorry I missed the re-launch. Hope everything went swimmingly.

Side note: Ben, I realize we haven't spoken in some time, but I could swear your voice has gotten higher. Great to see you are doing well.

So when can we expect the next edition scheduled?
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

One thing I've noticed with the news of the re-launch of this feature is the lack of rules that we had back then. Things like "Be dressed appropriately while on camera", and "No eating on camera, please". Things we would add along the way as we explored that new technology from 2010, LOL. Food for thought (though NOT on camera).
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Lee Kirkham wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:52 pm One thing I've noticed with the news of the re-launch of this feature is the lack of rules that we had back then. Things like "Be dressed appropriately while on camera", and "No eating on camera, please". Things we would add along the way as we explored that new technology from 2010, LOL. Food for thought (though NOT on camera).
Back then, it was open online 24/7 with no moderator present most of the time. The difference now is that either Ben, myself or both are hosting it and will point out if someone needs to stop grossing us out or put on some pants.
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Cool
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Scott Sebring wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:12 pm The difference now is that either Ben, myself or both are hosting it and will point out if someone needs to stop grossing us out or put on some pants.
I resemble that remark. Dually noted!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Thanks for hosting the Friday chat, and for putting up with my wonky mic and other technical issues. I'll have a new computer soon, so hopefully the next time I join things will go more smoothly. It was fun to see and talk "face to face" with you all and I hope to do it again soon.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jim Akin wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:02 am Thanks for hosting the Friday chat, and for putting up with my wonky mic and other technical issues. I'll have a new computer soon, so hopefully the next time I join things will go more smoothly. It was fun to see and talk "face to face" with you all and I hope to do it again soon.
A pleasure to have you Jim! Great to put a face to a name after all these years. Looking forward to next time!
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

Is there another one scheduled?
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"