Batman Ratings

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Re: Batman Ratings

Post by High C »

More 1966-67 info, via the August 1967 edition of Television Magazine, via americanradiohistory.com, with hat tip to startrekfactcheck.blogspot.com

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Ar ... 67-Aug.pdf

Note the story on page 54--for the 1966-67 TV year, Batman had fallen to 58th weekly on Wednesdays and 37th on Thursdays, down from 10th and fifth, respectively, the season before. Wow.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Yeah, all the signs of a flash-in-the-pan series. That is an incredible drop. Dozier's (or Semple's) initial instincts may have been correct, but aggressively sinking the show in the deep waters of more parody and celebrity guests he assumed everyone found appealing was just setting the expected burnout / lack of originality in motion.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Dr. Shimel wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:16 am The conclusion of the Riddler wax museum caper (Give 'Em the Axe) was up against--with Frank Gorshin as guest star. :lol:
Up against what?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
High C

Post by High C »

Therin of Andor wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:36 pm
Dr. Shimel wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:16 am The conclusion of the Riddler wax museum caper (Give 'Em the Axe) was up against--with Frank Gorshin as guest star. :lol:
Up against what?
The Munsters--Frank played an unscrupulous used-car salesman.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0653076/?ref_=ttep_ep13
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17