Full List of Batman 66 Comics?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

adventuremaster18

Full List of Batman 66 Comics?

Post by adventuremaster18 »

Hello again, I'm trying to collect the entire collection of Batman 1966 based comic books. I have a couple volumes and the Wonder Woman 77 crossover, but is there a full list of the comics? Because I know they've done more stories and crossovers past the 30 issue 66 comic, but I'm not sure how many.

Also curious if there's any other good fancomics based on the 66 series, that Batman Meets Godzilla fancomic makes me curious if there are any other great ones out there.
Ben Bentley

Re: Full List of Batman 66 Comics?

Post by Ben Bentley »

Here's the current list of collected editions as compiled on Wikipedia...
Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 10.23.15.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_%2766

This doesn't include the "One-Shot" releases such as the, Two-Face/Lost Episode and Legion of Superheroes crossover.

I feel like i've forgotten one? Maybe?
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Batman 66 collection by Ian McLean, on Flickr

The (delayed due to coronavirus) Catwoman 80th anniversary issue has a '66 cover variation featuring Julie Newmar's character, and the comic has a story inside!

Catwoman 80th Anniversary comic by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Some collectors also count "Batman: The TV Stories" collection, ISBN 9781401255534

Batman the TV Stories and ad for Batman meets Archie by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Archie meets Batman 66 omnibus by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:38 am The (delayed due to coronavirus) Catwoman 80th anniversary issue has a '66 cover variation featuring Julie Newmar's character, and the comic has a story inside!

Catwoman 80th Anniversary comic by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"The Catwoman: 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular" #1, is expected to be released by DC on Tuesday, June 2. (Delayed from April 15.)

"The Joker: 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular" #1, which doesn't seem to have a '66 connection(?), is now scheduled for Tuesday, June 9. (Delayed from April 29.)
Therin of Andor

crimsonskies

Post by crimsonskies »

Not sure if this is against the rules, so feel free to delete/not accept.

https://batspray.blog/2019/02/04/batman-66-comics-guide

This blog post from my blog has downloadable lists for collecting Batman 66 Comics, broken down into four sections;

1 Omnibus
2 Crossovers
3 Archie
4 Other

Each have a detailed version and a simplified version, and each of those versions are available as .ODT & .PDF formats

and there are also "Master List" options that compile all four sections into one

Hope this helps :D
"Holy Crimson Skies of Death" - Dick Grayson
https://batspray.blog
Kite Kid

Post by Kite Kid »

This might not really fit into the category, but in the interest of completeness, I'll share:

Secret Origins (Vol. 2) Special #1 (October 1989) arguably could be the very first DC comic book to be set in the Batman '66 universe. The book contains three stories, connected by an overarching premise of a film crew that has come to Gotham to shoot a documentary of the city's "costumed menaces." When interviewed, an older and now nearly forgotten Riddler references the What a Way to Go-Go, reminisces about the time he robbed a bank underwater and laments he never gets to see King Tut, the Bookworm, Egghead or Marsha, Queen of Diamonds, any more. He also describes how Gotham's arch-criminals would nickname their molls and henchmen (he shows the film crew photographs of himself with two molls he calls Query and Probe and four henchmen dubbed Mark, Mark, Mark and Mark). The Riddler segment was penned by Neil Gaiman. Elsewhere in the book, there's even the equivalent of a "window/celebrity cameo" of sorts: John Constantine appears in one panel among the Gotham citizens interviewed by the film crew (he does tell them that he's not a Gothamite, just visiting).
Therin of Andor

I recently picked up the trade paperback "Gotham Academy: Yearbook, Volume 3" omnibus, in which Egghead and Bookworm appear as lecturers...

Gotham Academy no 15 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Not sure if you are interested in Egghead in "The Brave and the Bold" #16 (June 2010) or a non-comedic King Tut in "Batman: King Tut's Tomb", reprinting "Batman Confidential" issues from April to June, 2009.

Batman comics by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:38 am Some collectors also count "Batman: The TV Stories" collection, ISBN 9781401255534

Batman the TV Stories and ad for Batman meets Archie by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Last night I tracked down the issue of "Batman" that features the reprint of the original False Face story, and have it coming to me. A fellow Aussie eBay user, so postage is decent and the comic was much cheaper that some of the US sellers. I kept thinking it was in "Batman: The TV Stories" omnibus, but I must of heard about it after buying that book.

"The Menace of False Face", reprinted in November 1967's "Batman" #198, with the comment, "You've seen him battle Batman on TV! Now read the story of the first clash..." (Originally in February 1958's "Batman #113".)

False Face in the comics by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I recently added this alternate cover to "Nightwing" #79 to my collection of '66 comics due to its inspired artwork. ;)

Nightwing and CD by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

dell

Post by dell »

Seeing that Nightwing cover makes me wonder if anyone ever did a Beatles/Abbey Road mashup of a Bat climb
dell
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I can picture that. B&R climbing up, while the Beatles are walking down the side of the building.

Or

The Beatles are climbing up, and B&R pop open a window for a cameo.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!