Bat Tours - The Batcave

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Bat Tours - The Batcave

Post by Scott Sebring »

Resurrected and remastered this old video from 2007. Some folks told me that they didn't even know it existed before. I shot in HD widescreen back then but edited in NTSC standard aspect for low internet bandwidth back in the day. I might revisit other videos from the past. Enjoy.
BatMite

Re: Bat Tours - The Batcave

Post by BatMite »

Very cool. Was the shrubbery around the entrance added just for the TV show or has it died off in the ensuing years? It looked very real in 1966.
High C

Post by High C »

Great video, Scott! Quick question--if you had made a different turn in Griffith Park, is it correct to assume you would have been at the location of King Tut's Sphinx, Louie's Flower-In, etc.?
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Meule

Post by Meule »

Awesome video, thanks for sharing Scott
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BatMite wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:52 pm Very cool. Was the shrubbery around the entrance added just for the TV show or has it died off in the ensuing years? It looked very real in 1966.
The foliage was all set-dressing. There's actually some great stills from some pre-production shooting with the bare-primed Batmobile where the bare rock face is visible.

(Photos courtesy of www.1966batmobile.com)
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Great video, even better in HD. Thanks for sharing, Scott!
Batman6

Post by Batman6 »

Some folks who go to my church were in Los Angeles last weekend and on Sunday they were hiking around to go see the Hollywood sign so I told them about Bronson Cave and the significance of it. Wished I could of been there with them. I would have been all over it like Winnie the Pooh to a honey jar.
If you were in California and didn't know how to get there, the video was very specific on details and images so you have no way of getting lost.
Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed; Roger, ready to move out!

January 12, 1966 - A day which will live in infamy; especially for us devoted 1966 Batman fans!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

great video Scott.
The Batman in the first pic- his boots are very tall.
just an observation.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:09 pm great video Scott.
The Batman in the first pic- his boots are very tall.
just an observation.
The Pilot/satin boots always read a little different in general for the obvious reasons, but Hubie's pair in paticular always appeared to be taller than Adam's from both the front and the back.

Hubie

Adam
dell

Post by dell »

So I am guessing they blocked off the back of the tunnel to make it look like a cave for the Batmobile racing out scene.
dell
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

They had so much extra plantings and vines combined with the depth of the cave that they probably didn't have to block the back off. I heard the Batmobile barely fit into the tunnel and only had inches to spare. They had to pull it out so slow that they felt the need to speed the film up.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/