1960s Animated Batman videogame for Mac computers?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

robinboyblunderer

1960s Animated Batman videogame for Mac computers?

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Anyone seen this before? Played it?

https://macintoshgarden.org/games/batma ... s-in-peril
SprangFan

Re: 1960s Animated Batman videogame for Mac computers?

Post by SprangFan »

I have it, but mine runs on Windows (or did, back in the day). It isn't a game, really. More like a comic book for your screen, where the "panels" on some pages are videos clips from the old Filmation cartoons that play when you click on them.

It's fun in a low key kind of way. I'm trying to remember if I had a Superman one as well.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Neat! None of my current Macs have CD drives and I doubt this would work anyway but it sounds fun.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

If you have windows you can download a version here;
https://collectionchamber.blogspot.com/ ... peril.html
It’s also got screenshots so my fellow Mac users can at least see it.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I bought this back in the later '90s. It was an interactive on-screen comic book CD adapted from an episode of the 1968 Saturday morning animated Filmation Batman series. It was a lot of fun but once I upgraded from Windows '98 to Vista it no longer functioned. Same went for the Superman one I had that was based on Filmations' Saturday morning animated series from the same year. For the record, SprangFan, that was an episode where a phantom-like entity was chasing down Lois Lane for whatever reason.

They were really fun time-passers (like Saturday morning was back in 1968). If I could I would still look through them today while munching on a bowl of Lucky Charms or Captain Crunch.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I remember these from back in the day. They were as close as we got at the time to having the Filmation cartoons on our Macs. The animated sequences played in small QuickTime video windows embedded in virtual comic book panels, and the mashup story, pieced together from multiple Filmation episodes, was pretty clever. I'm pretty sure there was an Aquaman one as well.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Jim Akin wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:55 am I remember these from back in the day. They were as close as we got at the time to having the Filmation cartoons on our Macs. The animated sequences played in small QuickTime video windows embedded in virtual comic book panels, and the mashup story, pieced together from multiple Filmation episodes, was pretty clever. I'm pretty sure there was an Aquaman one as well.

There were a total of four, including those previously mentioned and Superboy.
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

I just opened the .sit file on my modern mac to see what the component files were. I obviously didn't see the actual "game", but all the little quicktime moves are playable.

They're horrible! Ranging in size from 160x160 to 200x200 each, on a modern monitor they're the size of postage stamps, blown up to view they're wretched.

No one is missing anything!