General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Joan Collins' stand-in

Post by High C »

I wish I knew who this was:
Attachments
q15.jpg
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Ricky

Re: Joan Collins' stand-in

Post by Ricky »

Thats a very interesting photo. Do you know where it originates from? Any stories?
High C

Post by High C »

Ricky wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:38 am That's a very interesting photo. Do you know where it originates from? Any stories?
I bought it as part of a lot of 12 contact sheets I purchased in 2000. It was taken on Aug 8, 1967, the third day of the Wail of the Siren shoot. The way it worked was that they brought in freelance photographers and they would take pictures of the production, both of actual takes and behind the scenes stuff. They usually would shoot one day for every three days of TV shooting, and were paid $75 ($575 today with inflation).

Famed Hollywood photographer George Hurrell shot at least two season 3 episodes. Hal Garb shot this one.

For lack of a better way to put it, this woman is serving as a human placeholder so they can light and 'block' the scene until Joan Collins was ready.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

I doubt it really is, but she sure looks like Valerie Perrine to me.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."