Retro Cool Nerd POWcast! pilot episode with Burt Ward

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jimmy L. 66

Retro Cool Nerd POWcast! pilot episode with Burt Ward

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Greeting Citizens!
Inspired by someof my favorite podcasts- To the Batpoles, and The Batcave, I present my pilot episode of what I am calling the POWcast! for your enjoyment.
I talk with Burt Ward and The owner/operator of the Hollywood Museum Donelle Dadigan.
I did not question or pushback on any details Burt gave to these stories that are already well worn, but It is a fun chat. Let the Bat Myth- Busting begin! Afterwards I realized that the Batcave podcast had already covered the Egghead scene, so apologies.

It is my freshman outing and might be a little bumpy in patches, but I will only get better. I welcome any constructive criticisms, I am always striving to be better.
let me know your thoughts Chums!

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/mattyprad ... t4.twitter

This is my Batman Podcast. There are many like it, this one is mine.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Retro Cool Nerd POWcast! pilot episode with Burt Ward

Post by Scott Sebring »

Cool show. Love the title and it was a fun listen.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Scott Sebring wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:54 pm Cool show. Love the title and it was a fun listen.
Thanks Scott!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Will give this a listen on my way home from my gig today. Looking forward to it!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Always great to hear Burt.
Beneath Wayne Manor
High C

Post by High C »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:14 pm Greeting Citizens!
Inspired by someof my favorite podcasts- To the Batpoles, and The Batcave, I present my pilot episode of what I am calling the POWcast! for your enjoyment.
I talk with Burt Ward and The owner/operator of the Hollywood Museum Donelle Dadigan.
I did not question or pushback on any details Burt gave to these stories that are already well worn, but It is a fun chat. Let the Bat Myth- Busting begin!
Jimmy, I thought you were fine. Frankly, you seemed a bit hesitant at first with some uhhs and y'knows, but those disappeared as you found your rhythm.

Burt was charming for the most part, but I'm sorry, to suggest that the special-effects men had 'liquor on their breath' at 7:30 a.m., resulting in yet another of his legendary trips to the emergency room, well, that was tough to take. Nothing you could do about it, but wow. Just wow.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

High C wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:51 pm
Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:14 pm Greeting Citizens!
I did not question or pushback on any details Burt gave to these stories that are already well worn, but It is a fun chat. Let the Bat Myth- Busting begin!
Jimmy, I thought you were fine. Frankly, you seemed a bit hesitant at first with some uhhs and y'knows, but those disappeared as you found your rhythm.

Burt was charming for the most part, but I'm sorry, to suggest that the special-effects men had 'liquor on their breath' at 7:30 a.m., resulting in yet another of his legendary trips to the emergency room, well, that was tough to take. Nothing you could do about it, but wow. Just wow.
Thanks!

Not much I can do except buckle up and wait till he end of the story...
BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:05 pm Always great to hear Burt.
At least for me it was a fun chat.
Thanks for listening!