TO THE BATPOLES #146: An Early Batman '66 Fan Film, Revealed!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Re: TO THE BATPOLES #146: An Early Batman '66 Fan Film, Revealed!

Post by High C »

bat-rss wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 am
chrisbcritter wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:30 am Could you ask if there's any connection between the movie and the Millwheels show sketch? Who were "Landin, Fogel & Co."?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "Millwheels show sketch". And, where in the film did you see "Landin, Fogel, & co."? I didn't notice it.
Scroll above in this thread. Also put on by Washburn High and involving '66 Batman.
EDIT: Go back to page 1 of this thread!
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

High C wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:53 pm I have these questions:

1--What was it about the show that motivated them to do all this? What did they enjoy so much about it?

2--Did they 'get it,' the vibe of the show, right away? I mean, was the idea for their own film there pretty soon after the premiere or was it a gradual momentum after the first few weeks?

3--Was the 'Washburn Newsreel' a nod to the serials?
Noted!
Here's a couple of questions...
1. Would any of the cast and crew consider themselves "can't miss" views of Batman when it was on ABC?
2. If so, did they perceive a change in the direction of the series over time (i.e. from one season to the next), and did they enjoy that?
3. Did any of the cast and crew read Batman comic books of the period? How did they compare the comics to the series--if at all?

Thanks in advance, guys!
Beneath Wayne Manor
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

High C wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:56 am
chrisbcritter wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:30 am Could you ask if there's any connection between the movie and the Millwheels show sketch? Who were "Landin, Fogel & Co."?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "Millwheels show sketch". And, where in the film did you see "Landin, Fogel, & co."? I didn't notice it.
Scroll above in this thread. Also put on by Washburn High and involving '66 Batman.
EDIT: Go back to page 1 of this thread!
Ah Ok. In a graphic so not searchable! I guess this was their name for an annual talent show or something?
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

From what I see in the yearbook, yes - talent/variety show.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Thanks for sharing that! In my opinion, it was better than some Season 3 episodes, even some of Season 2!

Impressive editing, fun acting and very clever writing with the narration!

cheers