POWcast! EP #3 - The Siren

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jimmy L. 66

POWcast! EP #3 - The Siren

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

You can all get some sleep finally, I have finished the third glorious episode of the POWcast! and it will go live tonigh at 8pm PST.
This episode features a deep dive into the Siren with very special guest, the board's very own "High C".
J.P. shares his vast knowledge of the Siren/Joan Collins as well as discussing the original script for "The Wail of the Siren" and the teaser script for the episode as well. What was left out and why? what could they shot, even with the season three budget? give us a listen and find out.
I also have another "Hollywood History" chat with Donelle Dadigan- owner and curator of the Hollywood Museum.
Live at 8pm PST, listen anytime after that.

https://www.retrocoolnerd.com/home/2020 ... -episode-3
High C

Re: POWcast! EP #3 - The Siren

Post by High C »

Great job, Jimmy!!

This guest really knows his stuff about The Siren. I have to get in touch with him sometime! :lol:
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

The pleasure was all on this side of the internet my friend. I am looking forward to dissecting another script in the future.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This will keep me company on my train journey tomorrow! Looking forward to it.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Fun episode! Great hosting and great guest!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Scott Sebring wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:33 am Fun episode! Great hosting and great guest!
Thank you for the kind words Sir!
More fun on the horizon as I get the hang of the editing.
You gotta understand...
crazedvillain 2

Post by crazedvillain 2 »

"The Wail of the Siren" is one of the most straight forward episodes with much of the campy dialog avoided. If the show had been made as a traditional adventure show. The others episodes I think of a similar vein: "The Purr-fect Crime", "A Riddle A Day Keeps The Riddler Away" and "The Minstrel's Shakedown". They kept the dialog, for the most part, natural.