Chuck Bail has passed away

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

twint9

Chuck Bail has passed away

Post by twint9 »

Unfortunately we start the new year with the loss of another member of the Batman family. Chuck Bail was a stuntman who appeared in number of episodes, including the Black Widow and Riddler (Astin) and Preminger Freeze episodes. (Click on the attached photo-collages to enlarge)
bail_chuck_collage_01_8x10 (Double - Octopus).jpg
bail_chuck_collage_02_8x10 (Double - Spade).jpg
bail_chuck_collage_03_8x10 (Double - Down).jpg
bail_chuck_collage_04_8x10 (Freeze - Henchman).jpg

***ADMIN EDIT: Images resized and attached as per Ivan's requests. BB ***
Ben Bentley

Re: Chuck Bail has passed away

Post by Ben Bentley »

twint9 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:45 pm Unfortunately we start the new year with the loss of another member of the Batman family. Chuck Bail was a stuntman who appeared in number of episodes, including the Black Widow and Riddler (Astin) and Preminger Freeze episodes.
Sad news indeed. Any photos that we could use to identify who Chuck was at all?

As the show approaches fifty-five years old, the inevitability of living in world without anybody involved in the show left with us is rapidly becoming a reality. That being said, legacy is everything and the fact we're here discussing such things a half-century later (and counting) is not nothing.
60s TV Fan

Re: Chuck Bail has passed away

Post by 60s TV Fan »

Ben Bentley wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:37 am As the show approaches fifty-five years old, the inevitability of living in world without anybody involved in the show left with us is rapidly becoming a reality. That being said, legacy is everything and the fact we're here discussing such things a half-century later (and counting) is not nothing.
This is something I think about quite a bit, especially when watching a channel like Turner Classic Movies. I find it fascinating to be watching satellite TV, scrolling through the guide, or IMdB on my cell phone looking up an actor who died in the 1950s, 60s, or 70s. I can't help but wonder if those actors could have ever dreamed that their work would still be seen and enjoyed so many years later. All we have to do is turn on the TV or pop in a DVD, and there our favorite characters are, forever young, healthy, vibrant, and alive! Aside from whatever one's religious beliefs are, this is one way that these great performers are immortal.