Batwoman co star Rachel Skarsten talks Adam West and Batman 66

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jimmy L. 66

Batwoman co star Rachel Skarsten talks Adam West and Batman 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Greetings Chums!
I recently had the opportunity to interview the cast and show runner of CW's Bawoman for Bleeding Cool.
I am sure that I have an idea how much of the board feels about this project.
I only mention it because #2 on the call sheet. Rachel Skarsten ( Alice/ Beth Kane) loves our beloved Bright Knight.
around the 18:20 mark is where we begin to discuss Batman and Adam West. It is not much more than 2 fans gushing bu I felt someone else on the board might find it interesting.

My thoughts on the show itself will remain a little vague as I might still cover CWs shows in the future.

To the Hair Dryer!
Attachments
batwoman1.jpg
Ben Bentley

Re: Batwoman co star Rachel Skarsten talks Adam West and Batman 66

Post by Ben Bentley »

Very cool to hear anyone talk enthusiastically about the '66 show. Wild that the Batwoman show is getting into a False Face storyline!
dell

Post by dell »

I watched some of the Batwoman episodes last year, but never got into it. I started recording the second season since the main character is new. I figured it might be worth a shot, at least as far as why the new woman takes over and how they explain Kate Kane's disappearance.
dell
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

dell wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:00 pm I watched some of the Batwoman episodes last year, but never got into it. I started recording the second season since the main character is new. I figured it might be worth a shot, at least as far as why the new woman takes over and how they explain Kate Kane's disappearance.
Definitely intruiged to hear your thoughts on the beginning of S2. I also gave up on the first season after two or three episodes at the most. But I too am interested for similar reasons to you. I also find intertesting (in the wider context) what a show with an initially tepid reception can potentially do given the chance to semi-reboot itself with a new principle. Can you imagine if Lyle Waggoner had played Batman for the first season and then they brought Adam in for Season Two? That's pretty wild! (I know, I know... the '66 show wouldn't have made it into a second season if it wasn't for the unique cocktail that Adam was a siginficant part of.
dell

Post by dell »

I just watched the first episode of season 2. The new actor for Batwoman was a good choice; the characters backstory was decent and she seems interesting. However, she has a huge chip on her shoulder and that could get annoying with a show that everyone seems to have a huge chip on their shoulders.

I am hampered by the fact that I don't know many of the characters and who knows what. So the two people at the Batcave know everything about Batman/Batwoman, but what does Alfred's daughter know? Is she even relevant since Alfred has moved to London? Retired I assume?
dell