Barbara Gordons headboard

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Hoos The Bat

Barbara Gordons headboard

Post by Hoos The Bat »

Hope everybody is having a great day! I was just rewatching The Unkindest Tut of All and noticed something kind of fun. It looks like in the headboard of Barbara Gordon’s bed there are 2 bat symbols (kind of), I know this is probably old news to most of you guys but I thought it was kind of funny, one of the little clues linking Barbara to Batgirl!
Ben Bentley

Re: Barbara Gordons headboard

Post by Ben Bentley »

Welcome to our board! That's a pretty cool observation, not sure whether i've personally clocked that before! Thanks for sharing.

Here's the shot Hoos The Bat mentioned:
Batman S03E06 - The Unkindest Tut Of All - 0784.jpg
Meule

Post by Meule »

Personally I hadn't noticed that before, good eye
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
High C

Post by High C »

Hoos The Bat wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:09 pm Hope everybody is having a great day! I was just rewatching The Unkindest Tut of All and noticed something kind of fun. It looks like in the headboard of Barbara Gordon’s bed there are 2 bat symbols (kind of), I know this is probably old news to most of you guys but I thought it was kind of funny, one of the little clues linking Barbara to Batgirl!
Great find! In a similar vein, I noticed in Wail of The Siren that on the bookcase in Barbara's apartment, there appears to be a ceramic penguin above the lamp on the bookshelf. A leftover gift from the wedding of the century that never was??? :lol:
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

High C wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:37 pm
Hoos The Bat wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:09 pm Hope everybody is having a great day! I was just rewatching The Unkindest Tut of All and noticed something kind of fun. It looks like in the headboard of Barbara Gordon’s bed there are 2 bat symbols (kind of), I know this is probably old news to most of you guys but I thought it was kind of funny, one of the little clues linking Barbara to Batgirl!
Great find! In a similar vein, I noticed in Wail of The Siren that on the bookcase in Barbara's apartment, there appears to be a ceramic penguin above the lamp on the bookshelf. A leftover gift from the wedding of the century that never was??? :lol:
Wracking my brain to try and recall a better view from another episode, but this is the bookshelf in question:
Batman S03E03 - The Wail Of The Siren - 0372.jpg
Hoos The Bat

Post by Hoos The Bat »

15B3744D-33DF-4E7C-833F-A76FB388113B.jpeg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

some more shotssof the ever changing bookshelf, well she is a librarian!
Attachments
vlcsnap-2021-02-05-19h01m28s188.jpg
vlcsnap-2021-02-05-18h58m05s223.jpg
vlcsnap-2021-02-05-18h53m19s164.jpg
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

vlcsnap-2021-02-05-19h11m50s6.jpg
and an elongated turquoise blue cat statue in her first episode, but maybe that looks like a duck? But it still quacks!
Attachments
vlcsnap-2021-02-05-19h36m47s137.jpg
vlcsnap-2021-02-05-19h27m44s25.jpg
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

The blue thing looks like a hippo, and I spy a colorful snail too.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Meule wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:27 pm Personally I hadn't noticed that before, good eye
Snap! I was totally oblivious to this. One thing I’ve always thought the series could have done better is Batgirls ‘lair’ as in the side behind the revolving wall. As already alluded to in this thread how detailed Barbara’s apartment is, the crimefighting secret side is pretty bare and in fact never explored in the series. It would have been cool if Batgirl had some kind of ‘Bat-Computer’ of her own or some new gadgets etc..
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Ricky wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:30 pm
Meule wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:27 pm Personally I hadn't noticed that before, good eye
Snap! I was totally oblivious to this. One thing I’ve always thought the series could have done better is Batgirls ‘lair’ as in the side behind the revolving wall. As already alluded to in this thread how detailed Barbara’s apartment is, the crimefighting secret side is pretty bare and in fact never explored in the series. It would have been cool if Batgirl had some kind of ‘Bat-Computer’ of her own or some new gadgets etc..
I mean, her hideout has actual walls at least... that mercy cannot be said for a lot of that season...