Is this artist a '66 Bat-fan?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Is this artist a '66 Bat-fan?

Post by High C »

I know this is on-brand for me, but I have to share. Inspired by rsaffle's post about Adam's drawings, I checked out Heritage Auctions. I found a sold b/w painting by Spanish artist Enric Torres-Prat, called Siren-Eyed Woman. Note the title. 8-)

I know I'm biased, but it reminds me of someone. See what you think.
Attachments
Joanpainting.jpg
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Jimmy L. 66

Re: Is this artist a '66 Bat-fan?

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

that is a "wail" of a good sketch!
High C

Post by High C »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:49 pm that is a "wail" of a good sketch!
Well-played!
BTW, the artist doesn't mention our beloved show in this Q&A, but it's clear he knows a lot (and paints a lot) about pop culture.
https://theoriginalvangoghsearanthology ... rres-prat/

Oh, and for purposes of comparison, from 1966:
Attachments
Joanwarning2.jpg
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Wait just a hot-minute,I know her! It's the lady from the ginger ale cans, is it not?!
:lol:
thumbnail_image0.jpg
High C

Post by High C »

Ben Bentley wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:45 am Wait just a hot-minute,I know her! It's the lady from the ginger ale cans, is it not?!
:lol:
I've heard that, mixed with some honey and a lemon twist, that brand of ginger ale can restore one's voice after a particularly high antidote note...

Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Gingerella and other Karma Cola drinks aren't available stateside as far as I can tell. I love ginger ale and the swinging-60s branding, so I'd consider paying a hefty premium for a Gingerella T-shirt, but sadly they're sold out!
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

I mean, the resemblance is definitely there. Between the title of the piece and the artist's other work, I think you're on to something, High C.
Cool find.
- Boy Genius