TO THE BATPOLES #153: Greg Patterson tries on the Penguin's "quack"

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bat-rss

TO THE BATPOLES #153: Greg Patterson tries on the Penguin's "quack"

Post by bat-rss »

Burgess Meredith put glee and humor into his portrayal of the Penguin. Who knew it could be just as fun to play Meredith playing the Penguin? Greg Patterson, and attorney by trade, has also acted in some one-man shows at Mount Vernon Chautauqua in Ohio, playing historical figures including Meredith. He talks to us this time about his Bat-fandom and his portrayals of Meredith and Pengy.

Listen here
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
High C

Re: TO THE BATPOLES #153: Greg Patterson tries on the Penguin's "quack"

Post by High C »

A great out-of-the-box idea for an episode. Kudos to you sirs for thinking of it and thanks to Mr. Patterson for doing it. It was fun to hear his impression of Meredith doing Pengy and his enthusiasm for both the character and the show was unbridled.

Of course, I don't agree with all of his opinions, especially one in particular, but that's not the point. It still was fun to see how much enjoyment he has gotten out of the show and out of his portrayal of Meredith, and his recounting of his meeting with him was a fun story.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Pengy

Re: TO THE BATPOLES #153: Greg Patterson tries on the Penguin's "quack"

Post by Pengy »

That was a pretty good impression of Pengy's quack.