GENERAL ERROR happening more and more

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

A. Pennyworth

GENERAL ERROR happening more and more

Post by A. Pennyworth »

anyone else seeing this while navigation, posting, etc. I keep having to refresh or return index page or close out and reload. Also having trouble with posting especially adding photos.
Attachments
error.jpg
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: GENERAL ERROR happening more and more

Post by Scott Sebring »

Yes. It's a database accessing error I've been battling with in the PHPBB Software (our forum software). PhPBB is saying its a server issue and the server is saying it's a software issue. This is not just happening with my forum. Hopefully this will clear up but there isn't anything I can actually do to fix it currently. Sorry for the inconvenience. It drives me nuts too.
dell

Post by dell »

I see it a lot as well. Annoying, but not terrible.
dell
High C

Post by High C »

General Error is an even worse villain than Colonel Gumm.

Can somebody call an exorcist? I think I've been possessed by the spirit of Stanley Ralph Ross.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

High C wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 pm General Error is an even worse villain than Colonel Gumm.

Can somebody call an exorcist? I think I've been possessed by the spirit of Stanley Ralph Ross.
:lol: Watch your step, Ballpoint!

(I had to refresh this page to post this lame joke so many times that it officially became a 'darling' I was unwilling to kill... and therefore the perfect SRR joke.)
- Boy Genius
Meule

Post by Meule »

I thought it was just me
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Meule wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:35 pm I thought it was just me
I thought it was Meule's fault?
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Meule

Post by Meule »

rsaffle wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:06 pm
Meule wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:35 pm I thought it was just me
I thought it was Meule's fault?
:lol:
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
High C

Post by High C »

Dan E Kool wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:10 am
High C wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 pm General Error is an even worse villain than Colonel Gumm.

:lol: Watch your step, Ballpoint!

(I had to refresh this page to post this lame joke so many times that it officially became a 'darling' I was unwilling to kill... and therefore the perfect SRR joke.)
HAHA! I'll meet you in the Catskills. The borscht and potato salad is on me.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Meule

Post by Meule »

The general error message is happening more and more, but today I also got an Ajax error and while I was typing this I even got a HTTP error :o
Attachments
Picture 2021-03-01 om 09.15.32.jpg
Picture 2021-03-01 om 09.16.27.jpg
dell

Post by dell »

Is the issue resolved? I have navigated the site without any errors this evening.
dell
High C

Post by High C »

dell wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:56 pm Is the issue resolved? I have navigated the site without any errors this evening.
HAS GENERAL ERROR BEEN VANQUISHED BY THOSE SUPERHEROES, THE MODERATORS?
WILL HIS ANNOYING MESSAGES CEASE POPPING UP?
TUNE IN TOMORROW, CITIZENS
SAME BAT-TIME, SAME BAT-BOARD
AND HOLD ON TO YOUR MOUSE!

Meule

Post by Meule »

Haven't seen any error messages either in the last couple of hours... Well done Scott
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Meule wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:37 am Haven't seen any error messages either in the last couple of hours... Well done Scott
I have done absolutely NOTHING.
Fingers crossed...

Like I said before, there didn't seem to be a cause and effect on my end of workings. The software hasn't been changed nor its settings. So the server more than likely did something in the silent hours of darkness.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Saints be praised!