Julie Newmar Contact Sheet Photo

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

Julie Newmar Contact Sheet Photo

Post by rsaffle »

Found this image. I'm sure its been shared before but it's always a fun time looking at Julie.
I love the bottom left image and the one above that.
Attachments
Batman Contact Sheets 24 12-21-20.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Ben Bentley

Re: Julie Newmar Contact Sheet Photo

Post by Ben Bentley »

I might be biased given what I do for a living, but I have always loved contact sheets as they tell the story of the shoot. We get so used to seeing the final selected image(s) that seeing the contact sheet almost gives you a sense of "being there".
High C

Post by High C »

'I've got it--I'll pose for a contact sheet.'
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
dell

Post by dell »

"At that age all they are interested in is contact sheets and hair dryers."
dell
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Julie looks young in these. Are these teset shots?
High C

Post by High C »

dell wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 pm "At that age all they are interested in is contact sheets and hair dryers."
:lol:
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:43 pm Julie looks young in these. Are these teset shots?
I totally get where you're coming from Jimbo, but these are from S2. Some of these frames are more over-exposed than others (which combined with Julie's complexion) creates an illusion of her being even fresher faced/younger.

The handwritten reference on each frame refers to the Production number and then the shot number, in this case #9737 - "The Cat's Meow/The Bat's Kow Tow"