Wish list for the 1966 Batman show

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Sidekick

Wish list for the 1966 Batman show

Post by Sidekick »

I would have loved to see this on a 4th season of Batman. Of course I am saying this without thinking about the show's budget. But if I had a magic wand I would have wished for a fourth season and:

1. Have another episode with the Archer, but have another person play the part. He should look like Erol Flynn.
2. Have another episode with the Bookworm and the Minstrel. They were actually good villains.
3. Have a Poison Ivy episode played by Tina Louise, Ann Margaret, or Sherry Jackson.
4. Have another Green Hornet episode without Col. Gumm
5. Have a bigger Batcave and show and older version of the Batmobile and older costume in a glass case...the costume with the bat without the yellow
oval, that Adam West had on in the audition.
6. Have a flashback episode with Bruce Wayne in the old costume, and have him work solo before he met Robin. The episode could be how he met
Robin.
7. Have a Batman/Batgirl episode without Robin...or Robin/Batgirl without Batman...and have Batgirl do the Batclimb.
8. Have the show less campy...a little camp but not as much as the 3rd season.
9. Have the show recognize that there were 2 different versions of Catwoman...and have Julie Newmar battle Eartha kitt for the title of Catwoman.
10. Have another Batman movie with Batgirl in it.
11. And finally, have Batman and Robin battle impostor Batman and Robin (who were committing crimes to smear Batman's name) and after unmasking
the impostors, it is Lyle Waggoner and the kid that did the audition.
That's it for now...what do you think?
Meule

Re: Wish list for the 1966 Batman show

Post by Meule »

Some fun ideas for sure
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Sidekick wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:55 am 9. Have the show recognize that there were 2 different versions of Catwoman...and have Julie Newmar battle Eartha kitt for the title of Catwoman.
My money's on Eartha Kitt. She's small, but she's mean.
- Boy Genius
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Sidekick wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:55 am I would have loved to see this on a 4th season of Batman. Of course I am saying this without thinking about the show's budget. But if I had a magic wand I would have wished for a fourth season and:

1. Have another episode with the Archer, but have another person play the part. He should look like Erol Flynn.
2. Have another episode with the Bookworm and the Minstrel. They were actually good villains.
3. Have a Poison Ivy episode played by Tina Louise, Ann Margaret, or Sherry Jackson.
4. Have another Green Hornet episode without Col. Gumm
5. Have a bigger Batcave and show and older version of the Batmobile and older costume in a glass case...the costume with the bat without the yellow
oval, that Adam West had on in the audition.
6. Have a flashback episode with Bruce Wayne in the old costume, and have him work solo before he met Robin. The episode could be how he met
Robin.
7. Have a Batman/Batgirl episode without Robin...or Robin/Batgirl without Batman...and have Batgirl do the Batclimb.
8. Have the show less campy...a little camp but not as much as the 3rd season.
9. Have the show recognize that there were 2 different versions of Catwoman...and have Julie Newmar battle Eartha kitt for the title of Catwoman.
10. Have another Batman movie with Batgirl in it.
11. And finally, have Batman and Robin battle impostor Batman and Robin (who were committing crimes to smear Batman's name) and after unmasking
the impostors, it is Lyle Waggoner and the kid that did the audition.
That's it for now...what do you think?
Nice ideas!

1. No opinion on this one, since I was never a fan of the Archer.

2.Bookworm? Yes! He was so arrogant and had fits of suggested violence. Since there's centuries of literature to use as inspiration, there would no problem with the villain setting up another master crime.

3.I'm not certain, but i wonder if the only one who would even consider it would have been Sherry Jackson. By 1967, Tina Louise got her wish to get off of Gilligan's Island (thanks to cancellation), and was trying to change her image. She did perform in 1968's The Wrecking Crew (one of Dean Martin's tongue-in-cheek Matt Helm movies), but anything else she starred in did not have the "silly" anchor around its neck like her former sitcom...or by 1967, Batman, leading me to believe Louise's agent would have sent an immediate "no" to Greenway. Ann Margaret has been discussed at length on this board, so whatever historical data about her career at the time would be the way to look at the chances of her guest-starring on the series.

4. Agreed, only this time, the villain and his goal has to be more along the lines of something that legitimately threatened both cities, and a counterfeit stamp ring is not that kind of a threat. Personally, I would have paid an extra few bucks to get George Sanders to return as the series' best and most menacing / calculating Mr. Freeze. He was the kind of foe that would pose a threat to the duos audiences could "believe" in.

5. William "Dough-zer" says hello, and "WHAAA? You know how much that would cost?"

6. Interesting idea, only at the point Wayne meets and agrees that Grayson should be his ward, you would need to recast Aunt Harriet, as she would be needed, and unfortunately, Madge Blake was very ill.

7. That sounds like late 60s-70s issues of Detective Comics. That would be a good way to provide different views on a case. In "The Wail of the Siren" we had a taste of a Robin/Batgirl team-up, and they had an interesting dynamic.

8. Yes x1000. Take it back to the approach and tone of the 1st half of season one. That would be the first priority of a continued series.

9. ..or establish that one if from Earth 2 and....nah! Just kidding.

10. Instead, your idea from a second run-in with the Green Hornet and Kato could have been a 2nd movie, and allow Lee to choreograph the fight(s) between the heroes. That would have been an explosive film.

11. Or have Waggoner as a criminal who spent years trying to create his criminal version of Batman, and he's finally ready to outwit Batman and Robin using their own tactics.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

I would have liked an episode in which Aunt Harriet was the central figure. There are some on which she's more prominent (Zelda, Chandel). I found Madge Blake very funny on Leave it to Beaver and in her short parts on Batman. I think she would've really delivered.

I would also like to have seen a crossover episode with other popular shows at the time (networks notwithstanding). Both Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres made reference to Batman, and employed many of the same character actors. Batman and Robin in Hooterville sounds crazy, but if done right, could've been great.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

How about an episode where Aunt Harriet gets bonked on the head and becomes the villaness. The problem. Is Maxge Blake's difficulty with lines would probably have made this impossible.