Topps Vault

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

garno psa

Topps Vault

Post by garno psa »

This 1966 Topps #1 Batman Riddler Back "Batman's Butler" from the Topps Vault is a negative photo proof (photo proof of the negative used for the photo of the card and therefore should be considered ONE of ONE from the Topps Vault) was used in the production of the classic 1966 Batman Bubble Gum card set from Topps. It is a one-of-a-kind piece of Bubble Gum card history from one of the most popular, if campy, television shows of all time. To this day, despite numerous and darker films, this light-hearted take on Batman remains one of the most firmly rooted versions in the minds of fans worldwide. The Bubble Gum card set, which came out during the original broadcasts of the show (from 1966 to 1968), is one of the most sought after Batman collectables from the television series. This card proof comes with its original COA from the Topps Vault. My question is that it is so rare how do you benchmark price wise a collectable like this?
Attachments
IMG_8373.jpeg
IMG_8368.jpeg
rsaffle

Re: Topps Vault

Post by rsaffle »

I would suggest sending your question to a couple online collectable auction houses and see if they could put a value on it.
Try ICollectorr.com or Heritage Auctions.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
garno psa

Post by garno psa »

Okey Doke Thanks
High C

Post by High C »

There's a card that's even more valuable from that set, but we won't get into that right now. :lol:
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

High C wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 am There's a card that's even more valuable from that set, but we won't get into that right now. :lol:
Okay I'm intrigued and don't know this story. :?:
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
High C

Post by High C »

rsaffle wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:02 pm
High C wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:13 am There's a card that's even more valuable from that set, but we won't get into that right now. :lol:
PM sent.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

High C wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 pm
rsaffle wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:02 pm
PM sent.
I also would like to know what card you are talking about High C..
garno psa

Post by garno psa »

Is this the card he means? The first pic is for a sold A&BC Printed in England #1 Batman Black Bat THE BATMAN CARD not the more common Topps card? The second pic is for a far rarer Fan Club Back A&BC Printed in England #1 Batman The batman that's for sale on ebay now which is one of only two at this grade in existence!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 16.51.05.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 12.02.50.png