Happy birthday Joan Collins!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Happy birthday Joan Collins!

Post by High C »

In honour of my favourite Siren's 88th birthday, I wanted to try something different. I found some photos over the years that demonstrate that perhaps Joan is more of a Method actress than she lets on. You'll see what I mean as we go along and I apologize in advance for the self-indulgence. :oops:

Judging by her startled look in this December 1967 photo, Joan either had some bad food or discovered her stunning note doesn't work on Batgirl.

The next one is from November 2013, and it reminds me of Siren's expression when Riddler tells her he has three boxers waiting outside to be 'dazed by her dazzling decibels.'

Next one is Joan at a book signing in 2015. Judging by this photo, I don't think I would have much choice to buy this novel. :D

This next one reminds me of her coquettish expressions while pretending to play the harp.

(to be continued with one more post)
Attachments
gettyimages-493698295-2048x2048.jpg
gettyJoanring2048.jpg
Joan_Collins_you_will_buy_my_novel.jpg
gettyJoancoquettish22048.jpg
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
High C

Re: Happy birthday Joan Collins!

Post by High C »

Again, apologizing for the self-indulgence, but continuing on nonetheless, the next two are the best ones and the ones that inspired this silliness.

Joan in 2014 and 2018 with the same expression as when Siren says 'How superbly suitable' in the teaser scene in 'Wail' when the Commissioner suggests the phony meeting with the Duo at Barbara's apartment. (And we are shown just how powerful Siren's spell is when you consider that Gordon will skip a meeting with Batman!)

This one isn't quite as good as those, but it does remind me of Siren's impish smile when she is about to command Bruce to jump off the roof. This is from the red carpet at the 2020 Oscars party.

And what would a faux Bat/Siren-photo album be without a Dutch angle and Joan in a silver outfit? 8-)

OK, I think I've done enough. Back to your regularly-scheduled message board.
Attachments
gettyJoansuitable20141024.jpg
gettyJoansuitable20182048.jpg
gettyJoanjump2048.jpg
gettyJoandutch20182048.jpg
gettyJoansilver1024.jpg
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I came running here to celebrate. Happy Birthday Joan.
!thanks for sharing these pics High C.
High C

Post by High C »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:25 pm I came running here to celebrate. Happy Birthday Joan.
!thanks for sharing these pics High C.
Thanks, old chum.

I just dried off after being in Gotham Park Lake for a few hours. Fortunately it was warm here on the East Coast Sunday.

Cowabunga...Begorrah.

epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Always great to keep celebrating the birthdays of those who are thankfully still with us.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Wow. Happy birthday to Joan Collins. She's one of those personalities who has been here forever meaning I cannot think of a year--no matter how early in my life--where I did not see her in many productions, and just so well known.
Beneath Wayne Manor