Happy 86th Birthday Lee Meriwether

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Happy 86th Birthday Lee Meriwether

Post by Scott Sebring »

Happy 86th Birthday to one of the classiest women I've ever met. A real treasure.
Happy Birthday wishes, Lee!
Lee-Meriwether.jpg
Lee Meriwether as Catwoman.jpg
Lee and Vickie 2008.jpg
With Vickie at Screaming Tiki Con, Ohio in 2008
Ben Bentley

Re: Happy 86th Birthday Lee Meriwether

Post by Ben Bentley »

Happy Birthday, Lee! My first Catwoman (as a VHS generation kid) and like Scott said, one of the classiest acts out there, period.
High C

Post by High C »

Ben Bentley wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:57 pm Happy Birthday, Lee! My first Catwoman (as a VHS generation kid) and like Scott said and one of the classiest acts out there, period.
I have never been a convention-goer. But I have to say, much the same as with Yvonne, rest her soul, I have never heard a bad word about Lee. Never. Ever.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
dell

Post by dell »

Thank you Lee for all the excellent work over the years.
dell
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Happy birthday to an absolute class-act legend! She seems so kind and charming in interviews! Much like Ben, she's my favorite of the three actresses to portray Catwoman.

For anyone interested, here is a short appearance she did on the game show "What's My Line" as a mystery guest. She appears around 2:50. This was after she had been crowned "Miss America 1955". It's an interesting oddity. Alfred Hitchcock appears as another mystery guest later on in the episode! I love this show, so any chance I have to talk about it - I will! :D

"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Still going strong, and like everyone else, I've always seen Lee as a class act, and enjoyable to watch in any of her roles.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Feline Felonies wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:14 pm Happy birthday to an absolute class-act legend! She seems so kind and charming in interviews! Much like Ben, she's my favorite of the three actresses to portray Catwoman.

For anyone interested, here is a short appearance she did on the game show "What's My Line" as a mystery guest. She appears around 2:50. This was after she had been crowned "Miss America 1955". It's an interesting oddity. Alfred Hitchcock appears as another mystery guest later on in the episode! I love this show, so any chance I have to talk about it - I will! :D

Thanks for sharing that episode! That was really fun to see Lee circa her Miss America days.