What music was this?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Sidekick

What music was this?

Post by Sidekick »

Hey gang, quick question: Remember about 15-20 years ago, Sunshine Video had a vhs tape that had superheroes of the old serials on it? The VHS tape had that segment where Batman and Robin (West and Ward) were previewing ABC's new lineup of upcoming tv shows. The tape also had clips of the old 1941 Captain Marvel serial, Commando Cody, and other heroes. Anyway, this is the question: When the video first starts, it has this real jazzy theme showing clips of the heroes. The music has to be by Neil Hefti or Billy May. If anyone has this tape or a link of it on YouTube, I would like to see it. And is there a name to this piece of music? It sounds like the 1966 Batman theme on steroids. I know you guys know what I am talking about. Thanks in advance.
Sidekick

Re: What music was this?

Post by Sidekick »

PS: Okay, it is older than 15-20 years. The same music is played on a 1989 VHS tape Holy Bat Mania....but the music is turned down low in the background. Also, maybe Nelson Riddle played the music. It has that 1960's Jazzy theme. I just want to know who played the music and the name....I would love to download it or at least listen to it on YouTube.
Bryan Grantham

Post by Bryan Grantham »

The documentary is on YouTube. However, looking for music credits seems a dead end. Even on IMDB, no music credits are listed.

I watched the special, and I agree, that music is awesome. I would like to have a copy of that too!
Bryan Grantham

Post by Bryan Grantham »

Link to the documentary 🙂
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

I don't know if this helps, but the music is actually from the ABC "7 Nights to Remember" film that featured Batman and Robin previewing the 1966 fall schedule. Those old VHS tapes used some of the footage from 7 Nights. And I agree - fantastic music!

Sidekick

Post by Sidekick »

That is the music I was talking about....thanks! I love that music along with the music in the 1966 Batman Movie opening. I would love to have that as a ringtone.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

So do we know the name and or artist?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:31 pm So do we know the name and or artist?
Lionel Newman's hand prints would be on something like this I would have thought, whether that be literally or from a production point of view he would have most likely tasked whoever did arrange/play on this.

Now I'd love to know if Lionel had a paperwork archive of sorts...