Adam West Easter Egg in Nightwing Comic

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jim Akin

Adam West Easter Egg in Nightwing Comic

Post by Jim Akin »

This post falls somewhere in a gray area between the Bat Board and the Off-Topic Lounge. I picked the Bat Board because it'll likely get more eyeballs, but I understand completely if the admins want to move it.

The latest issue of the Nightwing comic (which stars the adult Dick Grayson, who dropped his Robin identity decades ago IRL and maybe seven or eight years ago in DC continuity) includes a scene in which Dick is sitting in his kitchen, pouring coffee for detectives who consider him a person of interest in a homicide. Dick naturally pours one for himself, too—into a mug that depicts Adam West as Batman, holding the bomb from the 1966 movie. :)
Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 7.34.55 PM.png
The full story can be found in a ScreenRant post that showed up on my Facebook feed.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Adam West Easter Egg in Nightwing Comic

Post by Scott Sebring »

It's 66 Batman Adam West. It belongs here just fine.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Looks like it's time to call the Bat-Attorney.
- Boy Genius
hisyouthfulward

Post by hisyouthfulward »

In a perfect world, the backside of the mug would be Burt Ward as Robin, hanging upside down from the Bat-Ladder, holding a can of Bat-Shark repellant
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

It’s not the first time either. Way back during the original Nightwing series they referenced that scene in The Nightwing Year One storyline…
ImageUntitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
High C

Post by High C »

Aunt Harriet, wherever she is, would feel better if Dick at least put some milk in that coffee.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17